Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I need help, please!

Frankly speaking, I didn't know where to put this question, but still, I hope someone will be able to help me...I have just installed Linux on my komputer, and I can't install my Modem. I have an ADSL USB ALE 130 modem. If anyone knows anything about it, or knows where I can find information about installing the modem, I would be very thankful if he could help me! Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks a lot!!!

Comments

• code_monkeycode_monkey Posts: 11Member
    : Frankly speaking, I didn't know where to put this question, but still, I hope someone will be able to help me...I have just installed Linux on my komputer, and I can't install my Modem. I have an ADSL USB ALE 130 modem. If anyone knows anything about it, or knows where I can find information about installing the modem, I would be very thankful if he could help me! Any help will be appreciated!
    : Thanks a lot!!!
    :
    :
    I think and I may be wrong but you cannot install a USB or an internal modem on Linux machines unless you have to special drivers that have to merge with the kernel. But you can install External modem easily or an ISA internal modem. Hope that helps
    Code Monkey
  • DRAYKKODRAYKKO Posts: 2Member
    : Frankly speaking, I didn't know where to put this question, but still, I hope someone will be able to help me...I have just installed Linux on my komputer, and I can't install my Modem. I have an ADSL USB ALE 130 modem. If anyone knows anything about it, or knows where I can find information about installing the modem, I would be very thankful if he could help me! Any help will be appreciated!
    : Thanks a lot!!!
    :
    :

Hello!
    I had similar problems trying to use the internal modem to my computer, when I installed Red Hat 8. The following sites, might help you out:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/Linmodem-howto.html

and

http://www.linmodems.org/

One person, mentioned getting an external modem (which is eventually what I ended up doing), but I think there are ways to install/configure internal modems, if you know enough Linux, to modify the internal settings.

Hope this helps.

Dre---