Record Insertion takes too much time - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Record Insertion takes too much time

kruti kansarakruti kansara Posts: 19Member
Hello
i have created Application which is in Vb 6.0-SQL7.0.
currently there are 5000 records stored in database
now when i am going to insert new record thorugh VB Application it takes near about 2 min.I have used "INSERT" statement which is executed through connection object of ADODB.
so is there any way to minimize the time of exectuion.

thanks in advance

-Regards

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Posts: 617Member
    : Hello
    : i have created Application which is in Vb 6.0-SQL7.0.
    : currently there are 5000 records stored in database
    : now when i am going to insert new record thorugh VB Application it takes near about 2 min.I have used "INSERT" statement which is executed through connection object of ADODB.
    : so is there any way to minimize the time of exectuion.
    :
    : thanks in advance
    :
    : -Regards
    :
    perhaps try executing through a ADODB command object using the connection objec - it may be more effiecient - you could also try setting up a stored procedure and executing it as well through the command object - that should make the server do the work.

I have noticed though when I was in college - the sql server started to bog down a great deal when serval catalogs had been set up - even after they deleted alot and there was about - 15 remaining - still had a lot of bog - it used to take me 5 min just to open the db through enterprise manager -- so in the end it could be just boged down - or proccessing alot of other data -- in which case you just have to wait for your thread to come along.

Hope this helps
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]