programmaticaly activate link - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

programmaticaly activate link

JustTJustT Posts: 6Member
Hi,
I just wondered if there's any way to programmaticaly activate a link.
What I want to do is after pressing a button, change the content of one of the frames on my HTML page.
Then when that frame is loaded with the new HTML context, I want to automatically have another frame change it context...
Any idea how I could do this?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi,
    : I just wondered if there's any way to programmaticaly activate a link.
    : What I want to do is after pressing a button, change the content of one of the frames on my HTML page.
    : Then when that frame is loaded with the new HTML context, I want to automatically have another frame change it context...
    : Any idea how I could do this?
    :
    You can use the onLoad() of the first frame for that. In the newly loaded fram place a function in its onLoad(), which updates the frame with the button.
  • JustTJustT Posts: 6Member
    : : Hi,
    : : I just wondered if there's any way to programmaticaly activate a link.
    : : What I want to do is after pressing a button, change the content of one of the frames on my HTML page.
    : : Then when that frame is loaded with the new HTML context, I want to automatically have another frame change it context...
    : : Any idea how I could do this?
    : :
    : You can use the onLoad() of the first frame for that. In the newly loaded fram place a function in its onLoad(), which updates the frame with the button.
    :

Could you please give a bit more details about the last part. I understand the onLoad() functionality, but I still don't know what the syntax is to change the content of a frame.
    Normally you have a hyperlink and there you define a target and href, but I don't know how to do this programmatically

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : Hi,
    : : : I just wondered if there's any way to programmaticaly activate a link.
    : : : What I want to do is after pressing a button, change the content of one of the frames on my HTML page.
    : : : Then when that frame is loaded with the new HTML context, I want to automatically have another frame change it context...
    : : : Any idea how I could do this?
    : : :
    : : You can use the onLoad() of the first frame for that. In the newly loaded fram place a function in its onLoad(), which updates the frame with the button.
    : :
    :
    : Could you please give a bit more details about the last part. I understand the onLoad() functionality, but I still don't know what the syntax is to change the content of a frame.
    : Normally you have a hyperlink and there you define a target and href, but I don't know how to do this programmatically
    :
    :
    Here is a page from a great javascript tutorial, which explains the code you need: http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jframe2.htm. It also includes a working example.
  • JustTJustT Posts: 6Member
    Yep, I got it and it works well.
    Thank you