Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

winsock runtime error nummber 40006

tomextomex Posts: 21Member
[b][red]This message was edited by tomex at 2004-4-12 23:24:54[/red][/b][hr]
HI GUYS HOW
i have created a client server application from which the client request info from the server end
but after the connection is established and data is got
if i try again to send data to server it gives me this error message
wat could be the problem and how do i solve this problem
ie it does not keep the connection on

"WRONG PROTOCOL OR CONNECTION STATE FOR THE REQUESTED TRANSACTION OR REQUEST" IS ERROR THAT I GET

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Posts: 617Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by tomex at 2004-4-12 23:24:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : HI GUYS HOW
    : i have created a client server application from which the client request info from the server end
    : but after the connection is established and data is got
    : if i try again to send data to server it gives me this error message
    : wat could be the problem and how do i solve this problem
    : ie it does not keep the connection on
    :
    : "WRONG PROTOCOL OR CONNECTION STATE FOR THE REQUESTED TRANSACTION OR REQUEST" IS ERROR THAT I GET
    :
    :
    :
    :

sounds to me like when the server end sends the data it then closes the connection and does not listen on the port again. If you want to beable to reconnect you have to remember to listen again after a close.

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]