Need more help PLEASE - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Need more help PLEASE

Hi,

In case my previous e-mail was missed by anyone who may be reading this I will quickly review it.

I am a new turbo pascal student. I am trying to write a menu driven program (that is due this afternoon). I actually have the program compiled and it will run. There is one area I need to expand on which is in two of the modules. It is a invalid statement. If a user does not select a number I need the program to state that they have not selected a number and please try again and then return to the original prompt of type in your number.

Steve answered my post but I am not sure as to what he really means. (I am very new to pascal) lesson week 3.

Steve had suggested that I read in a string and then test whether the string is a integer.

I am wanting to know

1. If I am reading in a string does that mean I delare my var number input as a string? If that is not how I do it can someone steer me in the right direction.

Also to test the string whether it's a integer How is that done?

I think I have already looked at this program so long I will be crosseyed soon.

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thank you in Advance

Robyn

[email protected]

Comments