Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

fork, dup, and exec

MDCMDC Posts: 37Member
Iam in a Systems Unix Programming (C programming) course right now and the book is horrible. Iam really having a hard time grasping fork(), exec() and especially dup (let alone using them in a program). Is there any good online tutorials/slides that could be of some benefit to me, Ive done some googling but have found nothing really good.

Thanks
[]v[]

Comments

• madhur_ahujamadhur_ahuja Posts: 14Member
    : I’am in a Systems Unix Programming (C programming) course right now and the book is horrible. I’am really having a hard time grasping fork(), exec() and especially dup (let alone using them in a program). Is there any good online tutorials/slides that could be of some benefit to me, I’ve done some “googling” but have found nothing really good.
    :
    : Thanks
    : []v[]
    :
    :

Hello
    Search the google for advanced unix programming and im sure you will get many resources. I have found one like this

http://www.nd.edu/~lemmon/courses/UNIX/

Madhur madhur.netfirms.com
    India