Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

string grids

hey guys!
im new to this board so be nice! lol :D
okay basically, im designing a program where i am entering data on to forms via text boxes and combo boxes. once the data has been entered it will be saved. when the user of my program wishes to view all the saved data, i want a string grid to be loaded, with all the data that has been saved on the forms so the user can view it easily. how do i do that?
cheers for the helpxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : hey guys!
    : im new to this board so be nice! lol :D
    : okay basically, im designing a program where i am entering data on to forms via text boxes and combo boxes. once the data has been entered it will be saved. when the user of my program wishes to view all the saved data, i want a string grid to be loaded, with all the data that has been saved on the forms so the user can view it easily. how do i do that?
    : cheers for the helpxxxxxxxxx
    :
    The StringGrid has a property called Cells[], which allows you to access it as a 2D-array. If each column or row is in a text file, you can also use the Columns or Rows properties. These are of the type TStrings, which can read textfiles using LoadFromFile(). The help files hold more info about all the objects and properties mentioned here.