Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

URGENT FOR ORACLE 8i

THIERRYPPTHIERRYPP Member Posts: 33
We would be extremely grateful if you could give me some help regarding Oracle personal edition 8.1.7 for windows 98.

We encounter a lot of problems for installing even a database for learning from our valley in central europe and by screen dumps if I could know
how to make a simple sql syntax for a database and its creation that would be great.

Let s call it: testdb and password: staff

Will you note that we are working in an hospital, meaning except this
account at the central, no connection for our separated computer with windows 98.

Thanks a lot,

KBS/AG

Basel
Switzerland

Comments

• nachiket2k2nachiket2k2 Member Posts: 70
    if u don't mind; let me tell you that, the below content is not showing the exact problem u r facing & so that we are unable to have clear idea.
    DEFINE YOUR EXACT PROBLEM (WITH ERROR MSG, IF ANY) IN EASILY UNDERSTANDABLE FORM.

: We would be extremely grateful if you could give me some help regarding Oracle personal edition 8.1.7 for windows 98.
    :
    : We encounter a lot of problems for installing even a database for learning from our valley in central europe and by screen dumps if I could know
    : how to make a simple sql syntax for a database and its creation that would be great.
    :
    : Let s call it: testdb and password: staff
    :
    : Will you note that we are working in an hospital, meaning except this
    : account at the central, no connection for our separated computer with windows 98.
    :
    : Thanks a lot,
    :
    : KBS/AG
    :
    : Basel
    : Switzerland
    :

• tanveer haidertanveer haider Member Posts: 37

hello Basel,

for creating a databse in oracle u have to make certain changes in parameter file"init.ora".it is batter to copy this file to new location for changes so that ur original databse may not disturb.
    set DB_NAME="the name of ur new database", and set new location for controlfile.save the changes.

now come on the servermanager line mode by running svmmgr30(for oracle8) and svrmgrl(for 8i).connect as internal.now shutdown the database .

now issue startup nomount pfile='full path of parameter file'
    after startup issue:

CREATE DATABASE DATABASENAME(as in parameter file)
    CONTROLFILE REUSE(if u want to overwrite existing database controlfile)
    LOGFILE
    GROUP 1 'full path where log file will be write' SIZE 10M,
    GROUP 2 'full path where log file will be write' SIZE 10M
    DATAFILE 'full path where datafile will be write' SIZE 50M;

size can be more or less depends on ur needs

after creation u can add more user according to ur need.
    try this and ask more if u have any problem.

best of luck.
    Tanveer Hadier.
    Pakistan.

: We would be extremely grateful if you could give me some help regarding Oracle personal edition 8.1.7 for windows 98.
    :
    : We encounter a lot of problems for installing even a database for learning from our valley in central europe and by screen dumps if I could know
    : how to make a simple sql syntax for a database and its creation that would be great.
    :
    : Let s call it: testdb and password: staff
    :
    : Will you note that we are working in an hospital, meaning except this
    : account at the central, no connection for our separated computer with windows 98.
    :
    : Thanks a lot,
    :
    : KBS/AG
    :
    : Basel
    : Switzerland
    :