Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Cool Disk Interface protocol,help needed????

Hello Every One
I have a customized hardware which needs to read files from a cool disk,the files on cool disk can be copied in Windows environment,but my hardware must communicate with cool disk(Pen Disk) via USB port and read those files.Any one can help me to know what's the interface protocol fo cool disks?is there any general protocol for it?any useful information can help me and will be appreciated....thanks

Best Regards
Reza AsAdi

Comments

• godtellmeokgodtellmeok Posts: 6Member
    : Hello Every One
    : I have a customized hardware which needs to read files from a cool disk,the files on cool disk can be copied in Windows environment,but my hardware must communicate with cool disk(Pen Disk) via USB port and read those files.Any one can help me to know what's the interface protocol fo cool disks?is there any general protocol for it?any useful information can help me and will be appreciated....thanks
    :
    : Best Regards
    : Reza AsAdi
    :
    Accordding to your description, you shall communicates with
    the pen disk via usb port on your hardware board. I think you
    should have a usb mass storage protocol to resolve it.
  • AsAdiAsAdi Posts: 117Member
    : : Hello Every One
    : : I have a customized hardware which needs to read files from a cool disk,the files on cool disk can be copied in Windows environment,but my hardware must communicate with cool disk(Pen Disk) via USB port and read those files.Any one can help me to know what's the interface protocol fo cool disks?is there any general protocol for it?any useful information can help me and will be appreciated....thanks
    : :
    : : Best Regards
    : : Reza AsAdi
    : Accordding to your description, you shall communicates with
    : the pen disk via usb port on your hardware board. I think you
    : should have a usb mass storage protocol to resolve it.
    :
    You're right,my instrument must read some text files which are copied on pen disk and changes this files,then writes it on pen disk again but I don't know how.I need to know the protocols in layers higher than hardware communication,but I don't know from where!!!:-))),
    so if you can show me any detailed resoure about it,you do me a great favour.

Best Regards
    AsAdi
    [b][red]This message was edited by godtellmeok at 2004-4-20 2:40:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hello Every One
    : : : I have a customized hardware which needs to read files from a cool disk,the files on cool disk can be copied in Windows environment,but my hardware must communicate with cool disk(Pen Disk) via USB port and read those files.Any one can help me to know what's the interface protocol fo cool disks?is there any general protocol for it?any useful information can help me and will be appreciated....thanks
    : : :
    : : : Best Regards
    : : : Reza AsAdi
    : : Accordding to your description, you shall communicates with
    : : the pen disk via usb port on your hardware board. I think you
    : : should have a usb mass storage protocol to resolve it.
    : You're right,my instrument must read some text files which are copied on pen disk and changes this files,then writes it on pen disk again but I don't know how.I need to know the protocols in layers higher than hardware communication,but I don't know from where!!!:-))),
    : so if you can show me any detailed resoure about it,you do me a great favour.
    :
    : Best Regards
    : AsAdi
    :
    If the pen disk is inserted to your board directly,I think you
    should act your board as a usb host.What is a usb host? For example,
    your pc is a usb host which is able to handle all usb devices' activities connected to it. So implement a usb host in your board
    is your real target! You can go to www.usb.org to download the usb 2.0
    specs, mass storage specs and check the chapter 10(about host). besides this, you have to add a filesystem above the protocol to resolve the file in the pen disk.

Your program stacks look like that:

app->filesystem(support filesystem like fat32/fat16/fat12)->mass storage( to resolve protocol between usb command and filesystem)->
    host controller driver(HCD Driver)->physical layer

• AsAdiAsAdi Posts: 117Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by godtellmeok at 2004-4-20 2:40:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Hello Every One
    : : : : I have a customized hardware which needs to read files from a cool disk,the files on cool disk can be copied in Windows environment,but my hardware must communicate with cool disk(Pen Disk) via USB port and read those files.Any one can help me to know what's the interface protocol fo cool disks?is there any general protocol for it?any useful information can help me and will be appreciated....thanks
    : : : :
    : : : : Best Regards
    : : : : Reza AsAdi
    : : : Accordding to your description, you shall communicates with
    : : : the pen disk via usb port on your hardware board. I think you
    : : : should have a usb mass storage protocol to resolve it.
    : : You're right,my instrument must read some text files which are copied on pen disk and changes this files,then writes it on pen disk again but I don't know how.I need to know the protocols in layers higher than hardware communication,but I don't know from where!!!:-))),
    : : so if you can show me any detailed resoure about it,you do me a great favour.
    : : Best Regards
    : : AsAdi
    : If the pen disk is inserted to your board directly,I think you
    : should act your board as a usb host.What is a usb host? For example,
    : your pc is a usb host which is able to handle all usb devices' activities connected to it. So implement a usb host in your board
    : is your real target! You can go to www.usb.org to download the usb 2.0
    : specs, mass storage specs and check the chapter 10(about host). besides this, you have to add a filesystem above the protocol to resolve the file in the pen disk.
    :
    : Your program stacks look like that:
    :
    : app->filesystem(support filesystem like fat32/fat16/fat12)->mass storage( to resolve protocol between usb command and filesystem)->
    : host controller driver(HCD Driver)->physical layer
    :
    :
    :
    :Thanks:),I'll try it,but I think it's some hard,implementing host tasks and resolving file system....:)but I'll find it finally.Maybe I encounter some problem and I jump into message board again....

Regards
    AsAdi
    :
    :
    :

: : [b][red]This message was edited by godtellmeok at 2004-4-20 2:40:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : Hello Every One
    : : : : : I have a customized hardware which needs to read files from a cool disk,the files on cool disk can be copied in Windows environment,but my hardware must communicate with cool disk(Pen Disk) via USB port and read those files.Any one can help me to know what's the interface protocol fo cool disks?is there any general protocol for it?any useful information can help me and will be appreciated....thanks
    : : : : :
    : : : : : Best Regards
    : : : : : Reza AsAdi
    : : : : :
    : : : : Accordding to your description, you shall communicates with
    : : : : the pen disk via usb port on your hardware board. I think you
    : : : : should have a usb mass storage protocol to resolve it.
    : : : You're right,my instrument must read some text files which are copied on pen disk and changes this files,then writes it on pen disk again but I don't know how.I need to know the protocols in layers higher than hardware communication,but I don't know from where!!!:-))),
    : : : so if you can show me any detailed resoure about it,you do me a great favour.
    : : : Best Regards
    : : : AsAdi
    : : If the pen disk is inserted to your board directly,I think you
    : : should act your board as a usb host.What is a usb host? For example,
    : : your pc is a usb host which is able to handle all usb devices' activities connected to it. So implement a usb host in your board
    : : is your real target! You can go to www.usb.org to download the usb 2.0
    : : specs, mass storage specs and check the chapter 10(about host). besides this, you have to add a filesystem above the protocol to resolve the file in the pen disk.
    : : Your program stacks look like that:
    : : app->filesystem(support filesystem like fat32/fat16/fat12)->mass storage( to resolve protocol between usb command and filesystem)->
    : : host controller driver(HCD Driver)->physical layer
    : :Thanks:),I'll try it,but I think it's some hard,implementing host tasks and resolving file system....:)but I'll find it finally.Maybe I encounter some problem and I jump into message board again....
    :
    : Regards
    : AsAdi
    :
    :

About the host task, you should take the cypress' sL811hs or philips' solution to conquer easily.
    I think the almost efforts you do is Filesystem and mass protocol.

Good Luck!