Zip-compatible archive (in-memory) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Zip-compatible archive (in-memory)

How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?

Comments

• wall451wall451 Posts: 1Member
    : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    :
    In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
  • flyaway1flyaway1 Posts: 1Member
    : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : :
    : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    :
    In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
  • overclockoverclock Posts: 3Member
    : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : :
    : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    :

2Walter
    Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    2McFly
    Ive searched. Nothing.

• gandalf2gandalf2 Posts: 1Member
    : : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : : :
    : : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    :
    : 2Walter
    : Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    : So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    : 2McFly
    : Ive searched. Nothing.
    :
    :

No need to search. The ultimate thing is ZipForge from componentace.com. It does everything you want; just download it and read the readme.
  • overclockoverclock Posts: 3Member
    : : : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : : : :
    : : : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : : : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    : : 2Walter
    : : Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    : : So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    : : 2McFly
    : : Ive searched. Nothing.
    :
    : No need to search. The ultimate thing is ZipForge from componentace.com. It does everything you want; just download it and read the readme.
    :

Thanks, Gandalf, thats hit!
  • MasterijnMasterijn Posts: 188Member
    : : : : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : : : : :
    : : : : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    : : : 2Walter
    : : : Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    : : : So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    : : : 2McFly
    : : : Ive searched. Nothing.
    : : No need to search. The ultimate thing is ZipForge from componentace.com. It does everything you want; just download it and read the readme.
    :
    : Thanks, Gandalf, thats hit!
    :
    Delphi has also a ZLib unit. With the classes in it you can compress all sorts of streams.