Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Zip-compatible archive (in-memory)

How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?

Comments

• wall451wall451 Posts: 1Member
    : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    :
    In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
  • flyaway1flyaway1 Posts: 1Member
    : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : :
    : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    :
    In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
  • overclockoverclock Posts: 3Member
    : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : :
    : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    :

2Walter
    Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    2McFly
    Ive searched. Nothing.

• gandalf2gandalf2 Posts: 1Member
    : : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : : :
    : : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    :
    : 2Walter
    : Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    : So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    : 2McFly
    : Ive searched. Nothing.
    :
    :

No need to search. The ultimate thing is ZipForge from componentace.com. It does everything you want; just download it and read the readme.
  • overclockoverclock Posts: 3Member
    : : : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : : : :
    : : : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : : : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    : : 2Walter
    : : Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    : : So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    : : 2McFly
    : : Ive searched. Nothing.
    :
    : No need to search. The ultimate thing is ZipForge from componentace.com. It does everything you want; just download it and read the readme.
    :

Thanks, Gandalf, thats hit!
  • MasterijnMasterijn Posts: 188Member
    : : : : : : How can I create a zip-compatible archive in-memory?
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : In no way. In any case using HDD wont make the process much longer.
    : : : : :
    : : : : In no way youre wrong, there is a component. Look at torry.net.
    : : : 2Walter
    : : : Not much faster you say? Imagine theres background process harassing HD intensively. Ill knock it down and the archive will be building like a turtle. Then, do you know the fact that working with huge amount of small files causes troubles in audio playback and some other fields?
    : : : So, the archive must be RAM-resident. I must be able, for example, to rename a file inside the archive not having to extract it.
    : : : 2McFly
    : : : Ive searched. Nothing.
    : : No need to search. The ultimate thing is ZipForge from componentace.com. It does everything you want; just download it and read the readme.
    :
    : Thanks, Gandalf, thats hit!
    :
    Delphi has also a ZLib unit. With the classes in it you can compress all sorts of streams.