Expanding out - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Expanding out

imboimbo Posts: 7Member
ok so i can do the basics in python, make programs run within it like maths programs etc, how do i create programs which will run outwith the python GUI (outwith any python program entirly).
Could you tell me simply as i ain't the sharpest knife in the cupboard and am still young(in school -not uni-)
Cheers.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : ok so i can do the basics in python, make programs run within it like maths programs etc, how do i create programs which will run outwith the python GUI (outwith any python program entirly).
    : Could you tell me simply as i ain't the sharpest knife in the cupboard and am still young(in school -not uni-)

Are you asking how to create scripts or if you can create scripts that don't need the interpreter?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• imboimbo Posts: 7Member
    : : ok so i can do the basics in python, make programs run within it like maths programs etc, how do i create programs which will run outwith the python GUI (outwith any python program entirly).
    : : Could you tell me simply as i ain't the sharpest knife in the cupboard and am still young(in school -not uni-)
    :
    : Are you asking how to create scripts or if you can create scripts that don't need the interpreter?

yes, so that i dont have to run the interpreter for my program to work. e.g. i could send a friend a maths program i have written (they dont have python) and it would be able to run freely without the interpreter.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :

: : : ok so i can do the basics in python, make programs run within it like maths programs etc, how do i create programs which will run outwith the python GUI (outwith any python program entirly).
    : : : Could you tell me simply as i ain't the sharpest knife in the cupboard and am still young(in school -not uni-)
    : :
    : : Are you asking how to create scripts or if you can create scripts that don't need the interpreter?
    :
    : yes, so that i dont have to run the interpreter for my program to work. e.g. i could send a friend a maths program i have written (they dont have python) and it would be able to run freely without the interpreter.

That's not possible. By "don't need the interpreter", I meant "in interactive mode". Sorry for the confusion. To run a python script, you must have the interpreter even if you aren't running it interactively. You could probably send him only the python.exe and whichever DLLs it needs, but it's easier just to have your friend install python, especially if your script uses a lot of modules from the standard lib.

[code]
    no rows returned
    [/code]

: : : : ok so i can do the basics in python, make programs run within it like maths programs etc, how do i create programs which will run outwith the python GUI (outwith any python program entirly).
    : : : : Could you tell me simply as i ain't the sharpest knife in the cupboard and am still young(in school -not uni-)
    : : :
    : : : Are you asking how to create scripts or if you can create scripts that don't need the interpreter?
    : : yes, so that i dont have to run the interpreter for my program to work. e.g. i could send a friend a maths program i have written (they dont have python) and it would be able to run freely without the interpreter.
    :
    : That's not possible. By "don't need the interpreter", I meant "in interactive mode". Sorry for the confusion. To run a python script, you must have the interpreter even if you aren't running it interactively. You could probably send him only the python.exe and whichever DLLs it needs, but it's easier just to have your friend install python, especially if your script uses a lot of modules from the standard lib.

cheers, its just something i thought to myself one day and didn't know if it was possible. Thanks for the info. -imbo-
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• JmysterCDSJmysterCDS Posts: 1Member
    : : : : : ok so i can do the basics in python, make programs run within it like maths programs etc, how do i create programs which will run outwith the python GUI (outwith any python program entirly).
    : : : : : Could you tell me simply as i ain't the sharpest knife in the cupboard and am still young(in school -not uni-)
    : : : :
    : : : : Are you asking how to create scripts or if you can create scripts that don't need the interpreter?
    : : :
    : : : yes, so that i dont have to run the interpreter for my program to work. e.g. i could send a friend a maths program i have written (they dont have python) and it would be able to run freely without the interpreter.
    : : That's not possible. By "don't need the interpreter", I meant "in interactive mode". Sorry for the confusion. To run a python script, you must have the interpreter even if you aren't running it interactively. You could probably send him only the python.exe and whichever DLLs it needs, but it's easier just to have your friend install python, especially if your script uses a lot of modules from the standard lib.
    :
    : cheers, its just something i thought to myself one day and didn't know if it was possible. Thanks for the info. -imbo-
    : : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    : : [code]
    : : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : : no rows returned
    : : [/code]
    :
    :
    This is possible but it is not very reliable. you can use py2exe. search google for it. it works on basic programs but as you get more complex you will see that it will start to fail.
    : This is possible but it is not very reliable. you can use py2exe. search google for it. it works on basic programs but as you get more complex you will see that it will start to fail.

That's a good point. I forgot about that. Thanks

[code]
    no rows returned
    [/code]

: : This is possible but it is not very reliable. you can use py2exe. search google for it. it works on basic programs but as you get more complex you will see that it will start to fail.
    :
    : That's a good point. I forgot about that. Thanks

Cheers i just got it. i will look up how to use it. No doubt i will be posting another message on how to use it properly. Anyway thanks for that, i'll give it a try.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :