Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

show error messages

Homerun31Homerun31 Posts: 99Member
My host doesnt have the show error messages set and when i asked them if they could change it, they said no. is there a way to show the php errors on the page with a code?

thanks

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : My host doesnt have the show error messages set and when i asked them if they could change it, they said no. is there a way to show the php errors on the page with a code?

I'm not sure, but a fairly simple solution would probably be just to set up a web server with PHP installed on your local machine. So you can test locally with errors enabled, and then upload to your host once it's working.
  • SouldrinkerSouldrinker Posts: 143Member
    : My host doesnt have the show error messages set and when i asked them if they could change it, they said no. is there a way to show the php errors on the page with a code?
    :
    : thanks
    :

What hoster are you at? Stupid... just see here: http://de3.php.net/manual/de/function.set-error-handler.php

add the sample code, to your script. This will override the php internal error handler, and add the sample error handler, which display all errors and warnings ;)