show error messages - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

show error messages

Homerun31Homerun31 Posts: 99Member
My host doesnt have the show error messages set and when i asked them if they could change it, they said no. is there a way to show the php errors on the page with a code?

thanks

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : My host doesnt have the show error messages set and when i asked them if they could change it, they said no. is there a way to show the php errors on the page with a code?

I'm not sure, but a fairly simple solution would probably be just to set up a web server with PHP installed on your local machine. So you can test locally with errors enabled, and then upload to your host once it's working.
  • SouldrinkerSouldrinker Posts: 143Member
    : My host doesnt have the show error messages set and when i asked them if they could change it, they said no. is there a way to show the php errors on the page with a code?
    :
    : thanks
    :

What hoster are you at? Stupid... just see here: http://de3.php.net/manual/de/function.set-error-handler.php

add the sample code, to your script. This will override the php internal error handler, and add the sample error handler, which display all errors and warnings ;)