Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Capturing Keystrokes

atgriffinatgriffin Member Posts: 11
I need to read all keystrokes from the keyboard. The only problem is that my application will not be the active window. I need to capture the keystrokes of another application.
Compiler: C++ Builder 6

Comments

• dwgeblerdwgebler Member Posts: 190
    To capture keypresses in another application you need to write something called a global hook inside a DLL. I suggest you look up hooks on Google because it would take far too long for me to explain it all here now.

: I need to read all keystrokes from the keyboard. The only problem is that my application will not be the active window. I need to capture the keystrokes of another application.
    : Compiler: C++ Builder 6
    :

• glandegrandeglandegrande Member Posts: 2
    Is there a way to subscribe to a particular keypress event? Thew scenario is: I want to hide my app and be able to show it again after a specific key combination has been pressed.
    Thnxs!

: To capture keypresses in another application you need to write something called a global hook inside a DLL. I suggest you look up hooks on Google because it would take far too long for me to explain it all here now.
    :
    : : I need to read all keystrokes from the keyboard. The only problem is that my application will not be the active window. I need to capture the keystrokes of another application.
    : : Compiler: C++ Builder 6
    : :
    :
    :