Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

apachi VB CGI application configurartion

dhillsdhills Member Posts: 1
Morning All

I have an apache server running on NT Box and I've wriitern a VB CGI application to run from it.The application uses the CGI32.BAS module to do the config STUFF.

My problem is that there is no CGI PROFILE FILE being passed to my vb.exe application.

My understanding is that the apache web server should create this file on the fly and append it as a commandline argument to my VB executable before starting the executable.

The VB executable is definatly being run, so the cgi module is loaded and configured correctly in apache setup.

Can anyone explain what the "CGI PROFILE FILE" is and how it gets created and added to the command line as a argument

Many Thanks

David Hills

PS perl script run file from the cgi enabled directory

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    Hi,

Before we start, let me get this one off my chest. Writing CGIs in VB is just wrong! :-(

: My problem is that there is no CGI PROFILE FILE being passed to my vb.exe application.
    :
    What is a CGI profile file supposed to be? Any data from the GET part of the request, cookies etc are in environment variables. Any POST'd data is available on standard in. There is no file involved. Unless it's some very obscure IIS Windows idea.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");