installing redhat 9.0 on mercury motherboards - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

installing redhat 9.0 on mercury motherboards

egothamegotham Posts: 5Member
hi guys

I have tried installing redhat 9.0 on my friends system which has a Mercury motherboard. the problem i encountered was that the X system does not startup. is it only the unavailability of the drivers or is it something else ?

EGOTHAM

Comments

• mobby_reloadmobby_reload Posts: 51Member
    Hi,
    If you choose Graphical Mode Installation & it was installed in text mode than most probably it is driver problem. And if you choose text mode installation method than you better check the following things.

first try 'startx' if GNOME X Windows starts(by default GNOME install on RedHat system) than your driver is Ok.
    if it also don't work than probably driver problem. & if it works than you can change to always start in graphical mode by modifying the following vales in the file "file://etc/inittab" open this file & search for the line probably at line 18.

id:3:initdefault:

change the value to 5 from 3. save it & restart system. Again if it is already 5 than you better search driver for your system.