Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

error in connection with oracle

kruti kansarakruti kansara Member Posts: 19
i am using oracle 8i with windows 2000. my application is client/server application. when i try to connect oracle server, it gives me error 'Oracle error occured but error message could not retrived from Oracle'. But after 2 or 3 trial, it will connect the application successfuly.

i m using ADO connection object. my connection string is
"Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=TIGER;User Id=SCOTT;Data Source=(Oracle Server Name)"

my application is in delphi. though i tried the same thing in VB also, but the problem persist in VB.

thanx in advance.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : i am using oracle 8i with windows 2000. my application is client/server application. when i try to connect oracle server, it gives me error 'Oracle error occured but error message could not retrived from Oracle'. But after 2 or 3 trial, it will connect the application successfuly.
    :
    : i m using ADO connection object. my connection string is
    : "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Password=TIGER;User Id=SCOTT;Data Source=(Oracle Server Name)"
    :
    : my application is in delphi. though i tried the same thing in VB also, but the problem persist in VB.

I think when it can't retrieve the error message from Oracle it means the DBMS is not running. Could it be that your application is starting up the Oracle service and it isn't yet running by the time it tries to connect? After a few seconds the database is then running and so your application connects successfully? Just a thought.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]