Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Where is my JSP converted servlet

Hi
I am using the Apache Tomcat Webserver
I have a small JSP which prints hello World
I am new to server programming and have been told again and again that a JSP get converted to a servlet "internally" by the webserver. My Question is where exactly is this "internally" and is there some place where i can see this servlet, may be the .class or the .jar or .war file

thanks and regards

Comments

• tprashanttprashant Member Posts: 5
    : Hi
    : I am using the Apache Tomcat Webserver
    : I have a small JSP which prints hello World
    : I am new to server programming and have been told again and again that a JSP get converted to a servlet "internally" by the webserver. My Question is where exactly is this "internally" and is there some place where i can see this servlet, may be the .class or the .jar or .war file
    :
    : thanks and regards
    :

ya, you are told right that jsp is converted in "servlet"

which server you are using?

if you are you tomcat

goto directory:

"tomcat home"/work/localhost/"app name"/
    there you will find .java and .class both

check it

Prashant Trivedi
    Software Enginner
    Automated Workflow Pvt Ltd. India
    +919886545688
    tprashant@aworkflow.com

• ksuryabaskarksuryabaskar Member Posts: 1
    : Hi
    : I am using the Apache Tomcat Webserver
    : I have a small JSP which prints hello World
    : I am new to server programming and have been told again and again that a JSP get converted to a servlet "internally" by the webserver. My Question is where exactly is this "internally" and is there some place where i can see this servlet, may be the .class or the .jar or .war file
    :
    : thanks and regards
    :
    :
    :
    Hi,
    I have read ur mail. And here is the answer for ur question.I didn't remember exactly what the path is.. So iam telling u what i remember.The jsp equivalent JSP program is stored in Tomcatwork-- .go inside th folders.