Noobie Question - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Noobie Question

OlmoOlmo Posts: 1Member
Hi, i know this is a dumbass question, but here goes anyway...

I started looking for a tutorial, and found http://sheepdogsoftware.co.uk/plt1a.htm, it looks pretty good. It says the best compiler is Pascalite, so i downloaded it, and everything worked fine.

But when i try to "simulate" a program i've made, i can't:

I write the program, in this case, a very simple one (it's my first one :-P):
---
program first;
begin
write(lcd,'Hi');
end.
---
Then, i saved it and went to TOOLS -> SIMULATE PROGRAM, so a little screen shows up, with lots of switches... my code is in the background. To start the program running, i have to click on a little green triangle which is in the Code Window but, when i try and click it, the "Simulator" window (with all the switches) minimizes or something so it starts the program but i can't see what it does!

Can anyone help me??

Thannks in advnace! :D

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi, i know this is a dumbass question, but here goes anyway...
    :
    : I started looking for a tutorial, and found http://sheepdogsoftware.co.uk/plt1a.htm, it looks pretty good. It says the best compiler is Pascalite, so i downloaded it, and everything worked fine.
    :
    : But when i try to "simulate" a program i've made, i can't:
    :
    : I write the program, in this case, a very simple one (it's my first one :-P):
    : ---
    : program first;
    : begin
    : write(lcd,'Hi');
    : end.
    : ---
    : Then, i saved it and went to TOOLS -> SIMULATE PROGRAM, so a little screen shows up, with lots of switches... my code is in the background. To start the program running, i have to click on a little green triangle which is in the Code Window but, when i try and click it, the "Simulator" window (with all the switches) minimizes or something so it starts the program but i can't see what it does!
    :
    : Can anyone help me??
    :
    : Thannks in advnace! :D
    :
    Your program probably writes the word "Hi" in a window and immediately following that it reaches its end, so it closes the window. You can solve this by placing a "readln;" without any parameters as a last statement just before the "end.". This will let your program wait for the user to press enter.
  • viv.viv. Posts: 72Member
    why u put 'lcd' in your statement?
    [code] write('Hi'); [/code]

then attach a [code] readln; [/code] b4 the [code] END; [/code] to force the program to wait till u press enter for it to exit.