Is SQL sensitive for capital letters ? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is SQL sensitive for capital letters ?

ampoampo Posts: 63Member
Can I differ "Hello" from "hello" in:

select * from tblName where fieldName like '%Hello%' (not '%hello%')

thanks

Comments

• Xtreme.NETXtreme.NET Posts: 112Member
    never really tried this...
    wait a sec. lemme try it..
    ok..
    i tried your statement and it still worked fine!
    even when i changed the case...
    ;-)

[size=1][COLOR=blue]"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."[i]1Thess. 5:16-18[/i][/color][/size]

• abhishek12abhishek12 Posts: 3Member
    : Can I differ "Hello" from "hello" in:
    :
    : select * from tblName where fieldName like '%Hello%' (not '%hello%')
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : It is possible to make the SQL Server Case Sensitive. It can be done only while Installating SQL Server on your machine. Before making any changes, remember that the changes are server specific i.e. they will be according to the SQL Server installed on the server.
    If you have already installed SQl Server once again, you can do so by changing the collation settings. However, you will be needing to rebuild the master database and mind you dont want to do that if you are doing it on a production database.
    You need to be very careful while making it Case Sensitive because even a "SELECT" will not work while "select" will give you the output depending on your settings. So my suggestion is, do not go for Case Sensitive SQL Server.