Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Socket Question

I'm new to Delphi, but I've coded in many other languages. I coded a PHP socket server that opens on 127.0.0.1 and opens a port on 3289. I need to be able to open a socket to the addy/port and be able to send/read data. Most of the languages I've done are not object oriented so this is a bit of new territory for me ;) Thanks in advance
-David

Comments

• Srki_KiSrki_Ki Posts: 26Member
    : I'm new to Delphi, but I've coded in many other languages. I coded a PHP socket server that opens on 127.0.0.1 and opens a port on 3289. I need to be able to open a socket to the addy/port and be able to send/read data. Most of the languages I've done are not object oriented so this is a bit of new territory for me ;) Thanks in advance
    : -David
    :

You can use WinSock unit witch have lo-level non-object functions and types to work with sockets. It should be easy for you to handle this if you worked with lo-level functions in other languages. I'm learning to use Indy components. They are easy to use, but there is very little documentation in Delphi about them. Visit http://www.nevrona.com/indy/ for examples and documentation.