PHP/MySQL problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

PHP/MySQL problem

DavidJackson4DavidJackson4 Posts: 33Member
I'm having a problem with a PHP script on my web page that is intended to insert records into a ProductInfo relation and then into a Books relation. Here is the code:

$sql = "INSERT INTO ProductInfo(PID,ProductInfo,Price,Department) VALUES ($newPID,' ', $theprice,'Books')";

$sql = "INSERT INTO Books(ISBN, Title, PID, FNAME, LNAME, Condition) VALUES ($ISBNtextbox, $titletextbox, $newPID, $fnametextbox, $lnametextbox, $Conditiontextbox)";
$result = mysql_query($sql);

For some reason, it will insert into the ProductInfo but not into the Books relation. There are no obvioius errors for the user using the webpage, but when I go check the database there is a problem.

Two questions:
1. Does anyone know what's wrong?
2. Does anyone know anyway to check which errors the the MySql is encountering? The support from my webhost says that they don't have a MySql error log.

David Morris

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : $sql = "INSERT INTO Books(ISBN, Title, PID, FNAME, LNAME, Condition) VALUES ([red]'[/red]$ISBNtextbox[red]'[/red], [red]'[/red]$titletextbox[red]'[/red], $newPID, [red]'[/red]$fnametextbox[red]'[/red], [red]'[/red]$lnametextbox[red]'[/red], [red]'[/red]$Conditiontextbox[red]'[/red])";
    : $result = mysql_query($sql);
    :
    You need to put text literals in single quotes (see above).

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• skylarskylar Posts: 82Member
    Also make sure and echo out the mysql_errors if you are having any problems with sql.

echo mysql_error();
    [b][blue]Snoochie Boochies[/blue][/b]