Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need help!!

vlancevlance Member Posts: 3
I currently have a system using Oracle database. Is it possible or are there anyways to convert the Oracle database into MS access database (as in all the structure or if possible all the data also of the tables remain the same). Please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : I currently have a system using Oracle database. Is it possible or are there anyways to convert the Oracle database into MS access database (as in all the structure or if possible all the data also of the tables remain the same). Please advise. Thank you.

Why on Earth would you want to do such a thing? That's like asking to convert your Lamborghini Diablo into a Toyota Echo. Sure you might be able to get the same number of people from here to there, but why?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• tanveer haidertanveer haider Member Posts: 37

valance,

it is not possible to convert Oracle databse to Ms-Access,because Oracle architecture is very much different from Ms-Access.

: I currently have a system using Oracle database. Is it possible or are there anyways to convert the Oracle database into MS access database (as in all the structure or if possible all the data also of the tables remain the same). Please advise. Thank you.
    :

• vlancevlance Member Posts: 3
    :

The reason why I need to convert the Oracle database is that currently the system is connected to a server with Oracle. I wanted to make it so call standalone (remote) where my system can run on the terminal it is install in, with the database in the terminal also. It is not feasible to install Oracle into evey of the standalone terminals so the only way out might be changing the database instead. Any advice on this issue? Thanks alot.
  • infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : : I currently have a system using Oracle database. Is it possible or are there anyways to convert the Oracle database into MS access database (as in all the structure or if possible all the data also of the tables remain the same). Please advise. Thank you.
    : :
    :
    : The reason why I need to convert the Oracle database is that currently the system is connected to a server with Oracle. I wanted to make it so call standalone (remote) where my system can run on the terminal it is install in, with the database in the terminal also. It is not feasible to install Oracle into evey of the standalone terminals so the only way out might be changing the database instead. Any advice on this issue? Thanks alot.

An Oracle database doesn't need to be on every machine that accesses it. We have a single database on a UNIX server that is accessed by a cluster of Win2000 Terminal Servers as well as our development machines. Well, I suppose if you don't have any network at all then you're out of luck there too.

About the best you could hope for is to extract the DDL statements for your tables and other structures and try to execute them in Access, but I'm guessing it's not going to work very well. Maybe you'll get lucky, though.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• RedferrineRedferrine Member Posts: 31
    You could import the tables from Oracle to MS Access using ODBC but the relationships will not go with it and the data types will not be exactly the same.

: : : I currently have a system using Oracle database. Is it possible or are there anyways to convert the Oracle database into MS access database (as in all the structure or if possible all the data also of the tables remain the same). Please advise. Thank you.
    : : :
    : :
    : : The reason why I need to convert the Oracle database is that currently the system is connected to a server with Oracle. I wanted to make it so call standalone (remote) where my system can run on the terminal it is install in, with the database in the terminal also. It is not feasible to install Oracle into evey of the standalone terminals so the only way out might be changing the database instead. Any advice on this issue? Thanks alot.
    :
    : An Oracle database doesn't need to be on every machine that accesses it. We have a single database on a UNIX server that is accessed by a cluster of Win2000 Terminal Servers as well as our development machines. Well, I suppose if you don't have any network at all then you're out of luck there too.
    :
    : About the best you could hope for is to extract the DDL statements for your tables and other structures and try to execute them in Access, but I'm guessing it's not going to work very well. Maybe you'll get lucky, though.
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :