Comparing Time elements of dates - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Comparing Time elements of dates

anriceanrice Posts: 3Member
[b][red]This message was edited by anrice at 2004-3-15 7:49:1[/red][/b][hr]
I want to check the time element of a date entered against the
a field that stores the Working Day Start Time to see if the time element of the date entered precedes or is after the Day Start Time.

I can currently do this using datediff and playing around with date calculations but what is the easiest way to do so?

The code I am currently using is along the lines of:

:
declare @dat_starttime as datetime,
@dat_to as datetime,
@int_interval as dec (7,5)

SELECT @dat_starttime = '14:00', @dat_to = '15-mar-2004 13:15'

select @int_interval = datediff(minute,@dat_starttime, @dat_to - datediff(day,@dat_starttime,@dat_to))
print @int_interval
:

Regards
anrice

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Posts: 617Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by anrice at 2004-3-15 7:49:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : I want to check the time element of a date entered against the
    : a field that stores the Working Day Start Time to see if the time element of the date entered precedes or is after the Day Start Time.
    :
    : I can currently do this using datediff and playing around with date calculations but what is the easiest way to do so?
    :
    : The code I am currently using is along the lines of:
    :
    : :
    : declare @dat_starttime as datetime,
    : @dat_to as datetime,
    : @int_interval as dec (7,5)
    :
    : SELECT @dat_starttime = '14:00', @dat_to = '15-mar-2004 13:15'
    :
    : select @int_interval = datediff(minute,@dat_starttime, @dat_to - datediff(day,@dat_starttime,@dat_to))
    : print @int_interval
    : :
    :
    : Regards
    : anrice
    :
    :
    :

if all your doing is checking to see if one date is greater then the other, then you should be able to do it directly, as in:
    if date1 > date2 .....

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• anriceanrice Posts: 3Member
    I'm not comparing dates at all.

The system has a setting for StartTimeOfDay which indicates the working start time.

I need to take the time element of the actual transaction date and compare the time element to the StartTimeOfDay.

Regards
    anrice