Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

PDF BarCode

ragaruragaru Posts: 20Member
One week ago (March 8th, 2004) I posted a question on how to manage
to write a Delphi4 programme with the view to print a PDF or DataMatrix
BarCode.
I have noticed that mine is the only unanswered reply.
I expect that my question is not so difficult as to put it beyond
the extraordinary capabilities of the knowleageble persons who collaborate with this page.
No doubt, that in the future programmes capable of pinting PDF BarCodes
every day must be more and more common.
I still hope that some kind collaborator will be able to answer my question.
Thanks in advance for a prompt reply.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : One week ago (March 8th, 2004) I posted a question on how to manage
    : to write a Delphi4 programme with the view to print a PDF or DataMatrix
    : BarCode.
    : I have noticed that mine is the only unanswered reply.
    : I expect that my question is not so difficult as to put it beyond
    : the extraordinary capabilities of the knowleageble persons who collaborate with this page.
    : No doubt, that in the future programmes capable of pinting PDF BarCodes
    : every day must be more and more common.
    : I still hope that some kind collaborator will be able to answer my question.
    : Thanks in advance for a prompt reply.
    :
    :
    I still am waiting for my questions to be answered (about 3 years now), but you don't hear me complaining.
    In regard to your question, it's quite simple: I don't think many of us are writing programs to print barcodes. As a possible solution, I would suggest that you try to import the PDF interface library. That way you have the precise code you need. All you then have to do is to look into which property/method has/does what.
    Otherwise I would suggest that you perform a websearch to find the format of the barcode (i.e. which number has which pattern). Then you can use the TPrinter object to draw the barcode pattern itself.
  • noumanouma Posts: 2Member
    Hi

Few months ago I had the same problem. I searched the internet for the algorithm that formats the string that you want to encode or a DLL file without success. I also found that I needed a true type font in order to print my string. To avoid all the above search the RaveReports components included in Delphi 7.

I hope I helped