Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

File Permissions

lilgirllilgirl Posts: 14Member
Hi,

I am trying to make a file read only in VB.

My code is as follows:

[code]
Dim f2 As New System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess.NoAccess, filen)
MsgBox("locked")
[/code]

Once the message box appears and I open the file, it allows me to write to it. What am I missing? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• kainsworthkainsworth Posts: 200Member
    As it's several days since you posted your question, you've probably already found a fix. However, in case not, here's a different approach which will make a file readonly:
    [code]
    Dim myfile As File
    myfile.SetAttributes("c:demo1.txt", FileAttributes.ReadOnly)
    [/code]
    You can set any of the usual attributes of a file using code similar to the above. And of course you can check it's state by using the GetAttributes method.

: Hi,
    :
    : I am trying to make a file read only in VB.
    :
    : My code is as follows:
    :
    : [code]
    : Dim f2 As New System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission(System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermissionAccess.NoAccess, filen)
    : MsgBox("locked")
    : [/code]
    :
    : Once the message box appears and I open the file, it allows me to write to it. What am I missing? Any thoughts are appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :