Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Does OpenGL need other include librarys than it's own?

wArewAre Member Posts: 46
I know that Visual C++ seems to have this weird habit of adding whole lot of include libraries by default to al projects. So, I'm working on this OpenGL app, and I started to wonder, that does OpenGL need any other include libraries than it's own in order to work?
[italic][blue]
wAre
Beginner Programmmer
[/blue][/italic]

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I know that Visual C++ seems to have this weird habit of adding whole lot of include libraries by default to al projects. So, I'm working on this OpenGL app, and I started to wonder, that does OpenGL need any other include libraries than it's own in order to work?
    : [italic][blue]
    : wAre
    : Beginner Programmmer
    : [/blue][/italic]
    :
    :
    All I use are gl.h and glu.h and GL works fine. I refuse to use GLUT, which although makes GL easier to code (Jesus, it's GL, it ain't hard!!!), removes a lot of the power of GL. If you use GLUT stuff, you also need the GLUT headers.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    As long as you use OpenGL functions only, no you don't need other include files. But to make a whole application you do need certain other include files. I would suggest http://nehe.gamedev.com as a start.

: I know that Visual C++ seems to have this weird habit of adding whole lot of include libraries by default to al projects. So, I'm working on this OpenGL app, and I started to wonder, that does OpenGL need any other include libraries than it's own in order to work?
    : [italic][blue]
    : wAre
    : Beginner Programmmer
    : [/blue][/italic]
    :
    :