I need some help please - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

I need some help please

hi all,

i am trying to transfer a file accross a network without any success.
i know the source ip address, path and file name. i have access to two ftp programs CUTE FTP and EXCEED. does anyone have any code to do this??
would really appriciate an answer if your've got one.

thanks alot

Steve

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Posts: 617Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by GideonOmega at 2004-3-12 12:29:50[/red][/b][hr]
    : hi all,
    :
    : i am trying to transfer a file accross a network without any success.
    : i know the source ip address, path and file name. i have access to two ftp programs CUTE FTP and EXCEED. does anyone have any code to do this??
    : would really appriciate an answer if your've got one.
    :
    : thanks alot
    :
    : Steve
    :

you can use a winsock control to acomplish this, that means that you will have to have a program waiting at that target IP and listening to the proper port(all set in the winsock control).

with that it is possible to send data in two forms , -UDP and TCP.

if you plan to send files then you should make sure to send it as byte data, as there is a much larger cap on the file size that you can send the if you where to use string data.

Check out http://www.winsockvb.com for some good info on the winsock control.

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]