Projectile - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Projectile

Hey anyone know how would I make an arrow move from the players current position towards the left(where it's positioned) if I know the player's current position. Note the player is already moving with opponentx-- and find the arrowx position that way.

opponentmovx--; //Moves player left;

arrowy=opponentmovy;

arrowx=opponentmovx;

See I compiled it and of course the arrow says in position with the opponent movements. How can I stop this. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• : Hey anyone know how would I make an arrow move from the players current position towards the left(where it's positioned) if I know the player's current position. Note the player is already moving with opponentx-- and find the arrowx position that way.

: opponentmovx--; //Moves player left;

: arrowy=opponentmovy;

: arrowx=opponentmovx;

:

: See I compiled it and of course the arrow says in position with the opponent movements. How can I stop this. Thanks for any help.

:

Come again? I don't understand what you're really asking here. I can calculate an arrow flying in the air's position. That's simple physics:

Y+V0+(1/2AT^2)

Y is the initial Y position, V0 is the initial velocity, A is the rate of acceleration, and T is time.

If you were to calculate gravitational acceleration, you'd use -9.8m as the acceleration, assuming you're using metric.

-Xotor-

• Are you asking how to move a projectile?

// MAKE BULLET APPEAR EX: if (Key == FIRE) MakeBullet();

void MakeBullet()

{

for (i = 0; i < NumBullets; i++)

if (!Bullets[i].Visible) /* If current bullet not visible, use as the new bullet */

{

Bullets[i].Visible = true; // Visible

Bullets[i].X = Player.X + Player.W; // Initial X, Y

Bullets[i].Y = Player.Y + 13;

break; /* Exit, only need 1 bullet */

}

}

// DETERMINE WHICH BULLETS ARE VISIBLE

// MOVE AND DRAW VISIBLE BULLETS

for (i = 0; i < NumBullets; i++)

if (Bullets[i].X > WIDTH) // If current bullet off screen (WIDTH = Screen W)

Bullets[i].Visible = false; // Not visible

else // Else...

{

Bullets[i].Visible = true; // Visible

Bullets[i].Move(RIGHT); // Move

DrawImage(Images[BULLET], Bullets[i].X, Bullets[i].Y); // Draw

}