Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Runtime-Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs.

"Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done"

I have created Visual Basic Application And Distributed to other users in Executable format.All the ControlsLike combo boxesText boxes are created Runtime with the single access database on the network.

On win 98 machine I am getting following error
"Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done".this message comes. And While saving record it gives close Illegal Operation error and throws out of application.

While modifying contents in the controls by using Backspace or delete.But when I slect and Replace like Cut And Paste.It is working fine.While on win 2000 machines there is no error.FYI-On Win 2000 machine I have updated Service Pack 4.I was searched on this topic on Microsoft site, and included code also according to that But it is not solving my problem.

Please give me some solution or suggest me any updates.

Comments

• Yogi YangYogi Yang Member Posts: 9
    : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done"
    :
    : I have created Visual Basic Application And Distributed to other users in Executable format.All the ControlsLike combo boxesText boxes are created Runtime with the single access database on the network.
    :
    : On win 98 machine I am getting following error
    : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done".this message comes. And While saving record it gives close Illegal Operation error and throws out of application.
    :
    : While modifying contents in the controls by using Backspace or delete.But when I slect and Replace like Cut And Paste.It is working fine.While on win 2000 machines there is no error.FYI-On Win 2000 machine I have updated Service Pack 4.I was searched on this topic on Microsoft site, and included code also according to that But it is not solving my problem.
    :
    : Please give me some solution or suggest me any updates.
    :
    :
    :
    From my programming experience it has been known that such errors are thrown up by VB if the data is not in the expected format. i.e. if the data type of the field in the database is say long integer and u are trying to store a string to it. in such case use val() function.

Sometimes it so happens that the data your software is trying to save to the database is larget than the fields size. for example if the fields length or size is of 20 characters and u are trying to store greater than 20 characters then also you will see such ambiguous messages.

check it out