Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Runtime-Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each O

parabparab Member Posts: 21
"Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done"

I have created Visual Basic Application And Distributed to other users in Executable format.All the ControlsLike combo boxesText boxes are created Runtime with the single access database on the network.

On win 98 machine I am getting following error
"Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done".this message comes. And While saving record it gives close Illegal Operation error and throws out of application.

While modifying contents in the controls by using Backspace or delete.But when I slect and Replace like Cut And Paste.It is working fine.While on win 2000 machines there is no error.FYI-On Win 2000 machine I have updated Service Pack 4.I was searched on this topic on Microsoft site, and included code also according to that But it is not solving my problem.

Please give me some solution or suggest me any updates.

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done"
    :
    : I have created Visual Basic Application And Distributed to other users in Executable format.All the ControlsLike combo boxesText boxes are created Runtime with the single access database on the network.
    :
    : On win 98 machine I am getting following error
    : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done".this message comes. And While saving record it gives close Illegal Operation error and throws out of application.
    :
    : While modifying contents in the controls by using Backspace or delete.But when I slect and Replace like Cut And Paste.It is working fine.While on win 2000 machines there is no error.FYI-On Win 2000 machine I have updated Service Pack 4.I was searched on this topic on Microsoft site, and included code also according to that But it is not solving my problem.
    :
    : Please give me some solution or suggest me any updates.
    :
    :
    :

are you using pure ado code for the database, or are you using activex objects as well, eg..ADO data Control?
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• parabparab Member Posts: 21
    Yes I am using Using normal text boxes and Combo boxes creating at runtime.But I am getting out of the application only when I am trying to modify contents from the combo boxes.
    : : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done"
    : :
    : : I have created Visual Basic Application And Distributed to other users in Executable format.All the ControlsLike combo boxesText boxes are created Runtime with the single access database on the network.
    : : On win 98 machine I am getting following error
    : : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done".this message comes. And While saving record it gives close Illegal Operation error and throws out of application.
    : : While modifying contents in the controls by using Backspace or delete.But when I slect and Replace like Cut And Paste.It is working fine.While on win 2000 machines there is no error.FYI-On Win 2000 machine I have updated Service Pack 4.I was searched on this topic on Microsoft site, and included code also according to that But it is not solving my problem.
    : : Please give me some solution or suggest me any updates.
    :
    :
    : are you using pure ado code for the database, or are you using activex objects as well, eg..ADO data Control?
    : [blue]
    : C:Dos
    : C:Dos Run
    : Run Dos Run
    : [/blue]
    :
    :

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : Yes I am using Using normal text boxes and Combo boxes creating at runtime.But I am getting out of the application only when I am trying to modify contents from the combo boxes.
    : : : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done"
    : : :
    : : : I have created Visual Basic Application And Distributed to other users in Executable format.All the ControlsLike combo boxesText boxes are created Runtime with the single access database on the network.
    : : : On win 98 machine I am getting following error
    : : : "Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errorrs. Check Each OLE DB Status Value, If Available.No work was done".this message comes. And While saving record it gives close Illegal Operation error and throws out of application.
    : : : While modifying contents in the controls by using Backspace or delete.But when I slect and Replace like Cut And Paste.It is working fine.While on win 2000 machines there is no error.FYI-On Win 2000 machine I have updated Service Pack 4.I was searched on this topic on Microsoft site, and included code also according to that But it is not solving my problem.
    : : : Please give me some solution or suggest me any updates.
    : : are you using pure ado code for the database, or are you using activex objects as well, eg..ADO data Control?
    : : [blue]
    : : C:Dos
    : : C:Dos Run
    : : Run Dos Run
    : : [/blue]
    :
    :

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been busy with my final project for college...

I've seen that error for a couple of different reasons, trying to put in data of the wrong size or data of the wrong type, but as you said it is working on 2000 so I would suggest getting the latest version of MDAC from microsoft that could be the problem.

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]