C# Books... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

C# Books...

AntonyAntony Posts: 32Member
I am going to learn C# and wanted to find a good book. I am more interested in GUI programming. Until now I have found the following:
1) Teach Yourself C# In 21 Days
2) Teach Yourself Visual C# .NET 2003 In 24 Hours
3) Beginning Visual C#
As I said I am more interested in GUI programming thus a book that covers the language and the IDE would be great. Which one of the above is the best and of course if you have a different book to suggest then please do.
Meanwhile, I found two books the one is the C# Primer Plus and the other the Windows Form Programming With C#. The problem is that the first is only about the language and the second only GUI. The book Beginning Visual C# seems to merge the two things. You know anything about the book Beginning Visual C#?

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    I bought SAMS Teach Yourself C# in 21 Days. It is an excellent book. It covers the main topics of the language in the first 1/2 - 3/4 of the book but at the end covers the main aspects of GUI programming. It also offers a chapter on Web Programming too. It is an excellent book and when finished makes excellent reference material. It provides many handy charts and tables that a progarmmer needs. It's up to you but I'd buy this book first, then buy Windows Forms Programing with C# - I was going to buy this next - never had the money (I'm a student).

Happy reading/learning.

ITA

• phaximoogiphaximoogi Posts: 2Member
    Ive bought the Deitel & deitel book, and its really crap.
    but on their webpage www.deitel.com you may find the powerpoint slides from the book available for download for free, and they er quite good despite the horrible book.

rg. Allan

I bought SAMS Teach Yourself C# in 21 Days. It is an excellent book. It covers the main topics of the language in the first 1/2 - 3/4 of the book but at the end covers the main aspects of GUI programming. It also offers a chapter on Web Programming too. It is an excellent book and when finished makes excellent reference material. It provides many handy charts and tables that a progarmmer needs. It's up to you but I'd buy this book first, then buy Windows Forms Programing with C# - I was going to buy this next - never had the money (I'm a student).
    :
    : Happy reading/learning.
    :
    : ITA
    :
    :

• vlado_klinkovlado_klinko Posts: 6Member
    I can recommend a very good book on C# I've just studied:

Professional C# Programming

written by 9 professional authors: Robinson, Allen, Cornes, Glynn, Greenvoss, Harvey, Nagel, Skinner and Watson. It consists all the necessary things you should get to know about C# and more of that!

Don't buy such small book like "C# for a month ... ". It's not possible to learn the syntax well of such difficult programming language for a short time. This book I've just mentioned has about 1000 pages, and probably costs about $50 - $100, but you must invest if you want to work seriously.

Here is the reference where is also its content:

http://www.123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=24722

Good luck!