Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Project about software algorithms... advice please!

cathycathy Posts: 67Member
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to do a degree project finding your partner over the internet. This will involve searching through Databases... servlets, etc. The catch is, my lecturer wants me to use 4 different intelligent searching algorithms and compare which is fastest, slowest etc. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice. Is this going to be a difficult project? What sort of searching algorithms should be used? Where can I find out more about there algorithms? Am I mad doing it through Java, or should I consider a different language? Like I said, any advice or suggestions of any sort is appreciated!
Thanks.
Cathy.

Comments

• athomasathomas Posts: 228Member
    Hi,

well, i would recommend you using C or C++ because C already supports
    qsort alogorithm and the others are easy to implement. Another pro is that most documents and sources exist for C or C++ language.

For example you could use qsort, selection sort, insertion sort, bubble sort.They can be easily implement in C and you can find lots of documents on the web.

If you have questions about how to implement them feel free to mail back.
    Cheers.
    Alex

If you have questions on how to

: Hi everyone,
    : I'm trying to do a degree project finding your partner over the internet. This will involve searching through Databases... servlets, etc. The catch is, my lecturer wants me to use 4 different intelligent searching algorithms and compare which is fastest, slowest etc. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me advice. Is this going to be a difficult project? What sort of searching algorithms should be used? Where can I find out more about there algorithms? Am I mad doing it through Java, or should I consider a different language? Like I said, any advice or suggestions of any sort is appreciated!
    : Thanks.
    : Cathy.
    :
    :