Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

cannot open data source problem

MrbearsMrbears Posts: 14Member
i am just learning asp.net and built an asp.net sample project and when i ran it said that the build succeeded, but it wouldn't display the sample. i got the following message, cannot open data source, along with this information, Exception Details: C1.Win.C1Report.DataAccessException: Cannot open data source: ConnectionString is 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVB98Nwind.mdb;Persist Security Info=False', RecordSource is 'Employees' and Server Error in '/WebApplicationOne1' Application. any help in fixing this problem is appreciated.

thanks.

Dave Pursey.

Comments

• MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 18Member
    : i am just learning asp.net and built an asp.net sample project and when i ran it said that the build succeeded, but it wouldn't display the sample. i got the following message, cannot open data source, along with this information, Exception Details: C1.Win.C1Report.DataAccessException: Cannot open data source: ConnectionString is 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVB98Nwind.mdb;Persist Security Info=False', RecordSource is 'Employees' and Server Error in '/WebApplicationOne1' Application. any help in fixing this problem is appreciated.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : thanks.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Dave Pursey.
    :
    :
    Try following code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("bookingRecord.mdb") & ";")