cannot open data source problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

cannot open data source problem

MrbearsMrbears Posts: 14Member
i am just learning asp.net and built an asp.net sample project and when i ran it said that the build succeeded, but it wouldn't display the sample. i got the following message, cannot open data source, along with this information, Exception Details: C1.Win.C1Report.DataAccessException: Cannot open data source: ConnectionString is 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVB98Nwind.mdb;Persist Security Info=False', RecordSource is 'Employees' and Server Error in '/WebApplicationOne1' Application. any help in fixing this problem is appreciated.

thanks.

Dave Pursey.

Comments

• MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 18Member
    : i am just learning asp.net and built an asp.net sample project and when i ran it said that the build succeeded, but it wouldn't display the sample. i got the following message, cannot open data source, along with this information, Exception Details: C1.Win.C1Report.DataAccessException: Cannot open data source: ConnectionString is 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVB98Nwind.mdb;Persist Security Info=False', RecordSource is 'Employees' and Server Error in '/WebApplicationOne1' Application. any help in fixing this problem is appreciated.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : thanks.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : Dave Pursey.
    :
    :
    Try following code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("bookingRecord.mdb") & ";")