Server hardware upgraded - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Server hardware upgraded

Today I have upgraded the server hardware to a new Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Dell server and I hope that it will let us add even more exciting features to this site!

We have also invested in a RAID-1 storage solution that will give us extra protection against harddisk failures.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

Comments

• ExtrasolarExtrasolar Posts: 79Member
    [purple]
    Congrats. :) What cool stuff can we expect to see?
    [/purple]
    :
    : Today I have upgraded the server hardware to a new Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Dell server and I hope that it will let us add even more exciting features to this site!
    :
    : We have also invested in a RAID-1 storage solution that will give us extra protection against harddisk failures.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : [purple]
    : Congrats. :) What cool stuff can we expect to see?
    : [/purple]
    Less downtime. ;)

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    : Congrats. :) What cool stuff can we expect to see?

The next feature to add in a month (under development) is a job sections where companies can post open positions. Later on a upgrade
    of the messageboard (Feel free to email suggestions!) , CV/resume functions, freelance database and more.....

Got ideas? , just email your wish list!

• ExtrasolarExtrasolar Posts: 79Member
    : : [purple]
    : : Congrats. :) What cool stuff can we expect to see?
    : : [/purple]
    :
    : The next feature to add in a month (under development) is a job sections where companies can post open positions. Later on a upgrade
    : of the messageboard (Feel free to email suggestions!) , CV/resume functions, freelance database and more.....
    :
    : Got ideas? , just email your wish list!
    :
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    :
    [purple]
    How about a part in each language section giving quizzes and exercises of different levels. There's lots of posts with people asking for challanges and it will help us beginners - especially those of us teaching ourselves - and more experienced programmers something to test our knowledge on. :)
    [/purple]
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member

: How about a part in each language section giving quizzes and exercises of different levels. There's lots of posts with people asking for challanges and it will help us beginners - especially those of us teaching ourselves - and more experienced programmers something to test our knowledge on. :)
    :

Certification like test is on my todo list and I think it would be cool to have on the site, just haven't found the right guy to manage that section for me yet. But I am searching.