Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

programming 8051 using c/c++ cross compilers

peekaypeekay Member Posts: 2
hello!
I am a student working on the project 8051 BASED VOTING SYSTEM.
I have the hardware which has to count the no of votes given to a particular candidate.However I need to program the controller in C/C++.
I nedd to use compilers. I have one called SDCC but I cannot figure out how to start it. Basically the problem is in creating the source file and linking of variables(in C prog.)to registers(in 8051). Can you please help me out. you can mail me at prashantk91082@yahoo.com
Please any suggestions regarding a new compiler or a new approach are welcome.
thank you.

Comments

• johnsonmejohnsonme Member Posts: 57
    I don't know about your compiler. Use Keil cross compiler.. You can directly access the SFRs by their name in Keil.
    : hello!
    : I am a student working on the project 8051 BASED VOTING SYSTEM.
    : I have the hardware which has to count the no of votes given to a particular candidate.However I need to program the controller in C/C++.
    : I nedd to use compilers. I have one called SDCC but I cannot figure out how to start it. Basically the problem is in creating the source file and linking of variables(in C prog.)to registers(in 8051). Can you please help me out. you can mail me at prashantk91082@yahoo.com
    : Please any suggestions regarding a new compiler or a new approach are welcome.
    : thank you.
    :
    :