Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3D graphics - Help

habeebnethabeebnet Member Posts: 2
I'm new to C++ graphics. Let me know how I can create 3D graphics using C++. Please give a simple sample source code.

-Habeeb-

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I'm new to C++ graphics. Let me know how I can create 3D graphics using C++. Please give a simple sample source code.
    :
    : -Habeeb-
    :
    That is an insanely wide spectrum. C++ can do 3D in many, MANY ways. I suggest you take a look at the two popular APIs, OpenGL and D3D. GL is easier to catch on and can be made to run on Linux, Mac, and PC. DirectX and D3D are slightly harder to learn, don't give you much API control, and only work on the PC and XBox.

The other option would be doing all the match and advanced stuff in C++ yourself, which would be slower than either API, but you'd have total control over what goes on. This is probably the hardest method out there.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]