Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

modem script for Panasonic x70

I'm trying to use bluetooth in my Panasonic X70 phone as a modem to connect my laptop to the internet using t-mobile GPRS service. This phone doesn't have an APN(Access Point Name)field, only IP. I tried using the same IP as WAP service with no username/password but failed. I then found a specific modem script from t-mobile level-3 support in England but have difficulty replacing the generic one in the dial-up connection configurations window. I even tried putting the script in a terminal window but the window closes and doesn't do anything afterward. My OS is window 2000 pro. PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Comments

• agentholdagenthold Posts: 1Member
    : I'm trying to use bluetooth in my Panasonic X70 phone as a modem to

Greetings,

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing with MacOS-X.
    Panasonic X70, Bluetooth, T-mobile. I'm in the US.
    Can you post a copy of the script you got from t-mobile,
    or a URL where it can be found? I was on the phone with
    level-3 US support today and they didn't have anything
    for me.

As for how to set up your script, I bet there's a directory
    on your machine (probably inside C:WINNT) which has all
    the scripts stored as separate files. You might just need to
    put the script into that directory. Looking briefly on this
    windows machine I'm typing on, try C:WINNTINF I see some
    plausible things like MDMZOOM.INF which clearly contain
    information on Zoom modem operation.

Cheers,
    -AH

• bogdan.simionbogdan.simion Posts: 1Member
    : I'm trying to use bluetooth in my Panasonic X70 phone as a modem to connect my laptop to the internet using t-mobile GPRS service. This phone doesn't have an APN(Access Point Name)field, only IP. I tried using the same IP as WAP service with no username/password but failed. I then found a specific modem script from t-mobile level-3 support in England but have difficulty replacing the generic one in the dial-up connection configurations window. I even tried putting the script in a terminal window but the window closes and doesn't do anything afterward. My OS is window 2000 pro. PLEASE HELP! THANKS!
    :

You can write im modem options->bluetooth modem->advanced the command 'at+cgdcont=1,"IP","yourAPN"'
    and should work to connect to GPRS