Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help... I need to delete records thru SQL with constraints, etc

RedferrineRedferrine Member Posts: 31
Hi,

Please help... I wanted to delete records in an Oracle Database. I need notes or links on how to delete records with constraints and everything.
I am new in Oracle Databases. please list me the things I have to learn and consider on deleting records.

Thanks alot,
Red

Comments

• tanveer haidertanveer haider Member Posts: 37
    :
    Red,
    ur question is not clear.if u want to delete records from database i can easily happen by "delete from table_name(emp) where
    condition(empno=1234)".

Hi,
    :
    : Please help... I wanted to delete records in an Oracle Database. I need notes or links on how to delete records with constraints and everything.
    : I am new in Oracle Databases. please list me the things I have to learn and consider on deleting records.
    :
    : Thanks alot,
    : Red
    :
    :

• RedferrineRedferrine Member Posts: 31
    Hello,

Thank you very much for taking time in my message post,I am trying to delete records by this command: "DELETE EWM_WORK_ORDERS WHERE WO_YR = 1998;" but an error occurs with this message "ORA-02292:integrity constraint (EWM_CON_WS_FK_WO) violated - child record found".
    Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks alot,
    Red

: :
    : Red,
    : ur question is not clear.if u want to delete records from database i can easily happen by "delete from table_name(emp) where
    : condition(empno=1234)".
    :
    :
    : Hi,
    : : Please help... I wanted to delete records in an Oracle Database. I need notes or links on how to delete records with constraints and everything.
    : : I am new in Oracle Databases. please list me the things I have to learn and consider on deleting records.
    : : Thanks alot,
    : : Red
    :
    :

• tanveer haidertanveer haider Member Posts: 37
    Red,
    it is because u wanna to delete record from child relation.if u have a primary-key and foreign-key relation then must delete record from parent table(where primary key of relation exist).
    regards,
    tanveer haider

: Hello,
    :
    : Thank you very much for taking time in my message post,I am trying to delete records by this command: "DELETE EWM_WORK_ORDERS WHERE WO_YR = 1998;" but an error occurs with this message "ORA-02292:integrity constraint (EWM_CON_WS_FK_WO) violated - child record found".
    : Any help is very much appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks alot,
    : Red
    :
    : : :
    : : Red,
    : : ur question is not clear.if u want to delete records from database i can easily happen by "delete from table_name(emp) where
    : : condition(empno=1234)".
    : : Hi,
    : : : Please help... I wanted to delete records in an Oracle Database. I need notes or links on how to delete records with constraints and everything.
    : : : I am new in Oracle Databases. please list me the things I have to learn and consider on deleting records.
    : : : Thanks alot,
    : : : Red
    :
    :

• RedferrineRedferrine Member Posts: 31
    Thanks Tanveer... i researched on the primary key and foreign key you told me... i now have deleted 3 tables with 1998 records already. thanks alot and regards!

: Red,
    : it is because u wanna to delete record from child relation.if u have a primary-key and foreign-key relation then must delete record from parent table(where primary key of relation exist).
    : regards,
    : tanveer haider
    :
    :
    : : Hello,
    : : Thank you very much for taking time in my message post,I am trying to delete records by this command: "DELETE EWM_WORK_ORDERS WHERE WO_YR = 1998;" but an error occurs with this message "ORA-02292:integrity constraint (EWM_CON_WS_FK_WO) violated - child record found".
    : : Any help is very much appreciated.
    : : Thanks alot,
    : : Red
    : : : :
    : : : Red,
    : : : ur question is not clear.if u want to delete records from database i can easily happen by "delete from table_name(emp) where
    : : : condition(empno=1234)".
    : : : Hi,
    : : : : Please help... I wanted to delete records in an Oracle Database. I need notes or links on how to delete records with constraints and everything.
    : : : : I am new in Oracle Databases. please list me the things I have to learn and consider on deleting records.
    : : : : Thanks alot,
    : : : : Red
    :
    :