Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help! only i can view my website

SpiceLMFSpiceLMF Member Posts: 5
Alright, I run an apache server on my computer with windows xp, with perl, php and mysql also. Now a day ago I decided to reformat my comp. After the computer was all reformatted i installed Apache 2.0.48 and everything seemed to work fine. Yet it turns out only I can see my site. I told all my regular message board members that the site was back up and none of them could get to it. They do not recieve any Apache error just a "The page cannot be found"

I run the site on port 12 (which i always have done) because my isp blocks port 80.

i thought it may be the control in the config line but i have "Allow from all" which should be right.

Any Ideas on what is the matter?

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : Alright, I run an apache server on my computer with windows xp, with perl, php and mysql also. Now a day ago I decided to reformat my comp. After the computer was all reformatted i installed Apache 2.0.48 and everything seemed to work fine. Yet it turns out only I can see my site. I told all my regular message board members that the site was back up and none of them could get to it. They do not recieve any Apache error just a "The page cannot be found"
    :
    : I run the site on port 12 (which i always have done) because my isp blocks port 80.
    :
    : i thought it may be the control in the config line but i have "Allow from all" which should be right.
    :
    : Any Ideas on what is the matter?
    :
    So people are trying to access it on Port 12, correct? I'd check your firewall is not blocking it out. If you can see it, but outside people can't, then this would be my first guess as to what the problem is.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• SpiceLMFSpiceLMF Member Posts: 5
    : : Alright, I run an apache server on my computer with windows xp, with perl, php and mysql also. Now a day ago I decided to reformat my comp. After the computer was all reformatted i installed Apache 2.0.48 and everything seemed to work fine. Yet it turns out only I can see my site. I told all my regular message board members that the site was back up and none of them could get to it. They do not recieve any Apache error just a "The page cannot be found"
    : :
    : : I run the site on port 12 (which i always have done) because my isp blocks port 80.
    : : i thought it may be the control in the config line but i have "Allow from all" which should be right.
    : : Any Ideas on what is the matter?
    : So people are trying to access it on Port 12, correct? I'd check your firewall is not blocking it out. If you can see it, but outside people can't, then this would be my first guess as to what the problem is.
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :

i don't have a firewall.. is there anything else that would be blocking it.. anyway to check?.. it's always work on port 12 previously.. just now that i reformatted it is it not working

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    : : : Alright, I run an apache server on my computer with windows xp, with perl, php and mysql also. Now a day ago I decided to reformat my comp. After the computer was all reformatted i installed Apache 2.0.48 and everything seemed to work fine. Yet it turns out only I can see my site. I told all my regular message board members that the site was back up and none of them could get to it. They do not recieve any Apache error just a "The page cannot be found"
    : : :
    : : : I run the site on port 12 (which i always have done) because my isp blocks port 80.
    : : : i thought it may be the control in the config line but i have "Allow from all" which should be right.
    : : : Any Ideas on what is the matter?
    : : So people are trying to access it on Port 12, correct? I'd check your firewall is not blocking it out. If you can see it, but outside people can't, then this would be my first guess as to what the problem is.
    : : Jonathan
    : : ###
    : : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    : i don't have a firewall.. is there anything else that would be blocking it.. anyway to check?.. it's always work on port 12 previously.. just now that i reformatted it is it not working
    :
    Be aware that WinXP has a built-in firewall that may be enabled - you may well not have installed one yourself or set it up deliberately, it may still be active. The fact that you can view it and people from outside can't fits pertty well with something like this getting in the way.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

well don't i feel foolish..

it turns out that the windows firewall was on.. which i never even knew i had.. my friend installed xp when i first got my comp and i guess turned off that firewall for me

so when i reformatted, the firewall turned back on without me knowing

sorry for wasting your time.. thanks for the help!
    : Be aware that WinXP has a built-in firewall that may be enabled - you may well not have installed one yourself or set it up deliberately, it may still be active. The fact that you can view it and people from outside can't fits pertty well with something like this getting in the way.
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    :

yeah i found that out right after your first post.. i looked up how to see what ports my computer had closed and stumbled upon an article about windows internet firewall and how to turn off the ports... sure enough that was it

thanks for the help