Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

encript passwords in registry

hi all can sumone help me out I am trying to encript passwords in a registry and I can not find any help files or examples on how to do this

my reg input code

[code]
rIniFile.WriteString('Users', 'Name', txtNick.Text);
rIniFile.WriteString('Users', 'Password', txtPass.Text); - ( trying to encript this sestion so it dont show password in text in the registry )
[/code]

thanks for reading this :)
Slewis

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : hi all can sumone help me out I am trying to encript passwords in a registry and I can not find any help files or examples on how to do this
    :
    : my reg input code
    :
    : [code]
    : rIniFile.WriteString('Users', 'Name', txtNick.Text);
    : rIniFile.WriteString('Users', 'Password', txtPass.Text); - ( trying to encript this sestion so it dont show password in text in the registry )
    : [/code]

Search on Google and you should find any number of encryption routines. Then you do the exact same thing as above, except pass MyEncFunction(txtPass.Text) instead.
  • MasterijnMasterijn Posts: 188Member
    : : hi all can sumone help me out I am trying to encript passwords in a registry and I can not find any help files or examples on how to do this
    : :
    : : my reg input code
    : :
    : : [code]
    : : rIniFile.WriteString('Users', 'Name', txtNick.Text);
    : : rIniFile.WriteString('Users', 'Password', txtPass.Text); - ( trying to encript this sestion so it dont show password in text in the registry )
    : : [/code]
    :
    : Search on Google and you should find any number of encryption routines. Then you do the exact same thing as above, except pass MyEncFunction(txtPass.Text) instead.
    :
    Some encoding functions can create results with #0 characters inside. Thoose strings are truncated when written to the registry as a string. So be carefull!

• adibicheaadibichea Posts: 46Member
    You can encript password and after write password in registry as hex numbers!
    Encript code it's secret so don't use public encriptions. Make one for you and use it!
    You can try to encript the text by the Nick_Name and never forgot to add CRC in encription password of nick_name and password. (i think that). It's subiective;