??????? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

???????

How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?

Comments

• softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    :
    idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.

I hope it can help some
    Softman
  • bogdanul2003bogdanul2003 Posts: 153Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : :
    : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    :
    : I hope it can help some
    : Softman
    :

I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read ? from an exxecutabel file ?
    And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    10X

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    very descriptive title ;-)

when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)

hope that i explained it clear enough

: [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : :
    : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : I hope it can help some
    : : Softman
    :
    : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read ? from an exxecutabel file ?
    : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : 10X
    :
    :
    :

[hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

: [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : very descriptive title ;-)
    :
    : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    :
    : hope that i explained it clear enough
    :
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : :
    : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : Softman
    : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read ? from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : 10X
    :

how do i use blockread ?:)
    : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    :
    :
    :

• softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    You can determine the IP address of the computer. by the following procedure, using API calles:

[code]

function TPhone.MyIP:String;
    var
    WSAData: TWSAData;
    HostName: array[0..255] of Char;
    HostInfo: PHostEnt;
    InAddr: ^PInAddr;
    begin
    if WSAStartup($0101, WSAData) = 0 then //API CALL!
    try
    if gethostname(HostName, SizeOf(HostName)) = 0 then
    begin
    HostInfo := gethostbyname(HostName);
    SelfName:=HostName;
    if HostInfo <> nil then //if Hostinfo points
    begin
    InAddr := Pointer(HostInfo^.h_addr_list); //by the pointer
    if (InAddr <> nil) then //The IP address under that
    while InAddr^ <> nil do //Good for detecting all of the IP's
    begin //even, if you have more network card in your computer
    Result :=(inet_ntoa(InAddr^^));
    Inc(InAddr);
    end;
    end;
    end;
    finally //Then close the WinSock
    WSACleanup; //IT IS IMPORTANT
    end;
    end;

[/code]
    You can read the binary buffer like:

[code]
    procedure TPhone.serverAccept(Sender: TObject;
    ClientSocket: TCustomIpClient);
    var
    GetBuf : Array[0..255] of char;
    begin
    ClientSocket.ReceiveBuf(GetBuf,255);
    [/code]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : very descriptive title ;-)
    : : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    : : hope that i explained it clear enough
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : : :
    : : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : : Softman
    : : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : : 10X
    :
    : how do i use blockread ?:)
    : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    :

[b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 8:1:16[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 7:37:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : You can determine the IP address of the computer. by the following procedure, using API calles:
    :
    : [code]
    :
    : function TPhone.MyIP:String;
    : var
    : WSAData: TWSAData;
    : HostName: array[0..255] of Char;
    : HostInfo: PHostEnt;
    : InAddr: ^PInAddr;
    : begin
    : if WSAStartup($0101, WSAData) = 0 then //API CALL!
    : try
    : if gethostname(HostName, SizeOf(HostName)) = 0 then
    : HostInfo := gethostbyname(HostName);
    : SelfName:=HostName;
    : if HostInfo <> nil then //if Hostinfo points
    : InAddr := Pointer(HostInfo^.h_addr_list); //by the pointer
    : if (InAddr <> nil) then //The IP address under that
    : while InAddr^ <> nil do //Good for detecting all of the IP's
    : begin //even, if you have more network card in your computer
    : Result :=(inet_ntoa(InAddr^^));
    : Inc(InAddr);
    : end;
    : finally //Then close the WinSock
    : WSACleanup; //IT IS IMPORTANT
    :
    : [/code]
    : You can read the binary buffer like:
    :
    : procedure TPhone.serverAccept(Sender: TObject;
    : ClientSocket: TCustomIpClient);
    : var
    : GetBuf : Array[0..255] of char;
    : ClientSocket.ReceiveBuf(GetBuf,255);
    : ....
    : ...
    : ..
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : very descriptive title ;-)
    : : : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : : : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : : : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    : : : hope that i explained it clear enough
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : : : Softman
    : : : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : : : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : : : 10X
    : : how do i use blockread ?:)
    : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    :

How can i change to a specified key or insert a string value in to a key name ?(registers)
    bytheway 10x for helping me :)

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 8:1:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 7:37:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : : You can determine the IP address of the computer. by the following procedure, using API calles:
    : : [code]
    : : function TPhone.MyIP:String;
    : : var
    : : WSAData: TWSAData;
    : : HostName: array[0..255] of Char;
    : : HostInfo: PHostEnt;
    : : InAddr: ^PInAddr;
    : : begin
    : : if WSAStartup($0101, WSAData) = 0 then //API CALL!
    : : try
    : : if gethostname(HostName, SizeOf(HostName)) = 0 then
    : : HostInfo := gethostbyname(HostName);
    : : SelfName:=HostName;
    : : if HostInfo <> nil then //if Hostinfo points
    : : InAddr := Pointer(HostInfo^.h_addr_list); //by the pointer
    : : if (InAddr <> nil) then //The IP address under that
    : : while InAddr^ <> nil do //Good for detecting all of the IP's
    : : begin //even, if you have more network card in your computer
    : : Result :=(inet_ntoa(InAddr^^));
    : : Inc(InAddr);
    : : end;
    : : finally //Then close the WinSock
    : : WSACleanup; //IT IS IMPORTANT
    : : [/code]
    : : You can read the binary buffer like:
    : : procedure TPhone.serverAccept(Sender: TObject;
    : : ClientSocket: TCustomIpClient);
    : : var
    : : GetBuf : Array[0..255] of char;
    : : ClientSocket.ReceiveBuf(GetBuf,255);
    : : ....
    : : ...
    : : ..
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : very descriptive title ;-)
    : : : : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : : : : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : : : : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    : : : : hope that i explained it clear enough
    : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : : : : Softman
    : : : : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : : : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : : : : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : : : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : : : : 10X
    : : : how do i use blockread ?:)
    : : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :
    : How can i change to a specified key or insert a string value in to a key name ?(registers)
    : bytheway 10x for helping me :)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    You can use the TRegistry object for that. Here is a short code (from memory, check with help files), which creates a new key in the current user rootkey.
    [code]
    RegObj := TRegistry.Create;
    with RegObject do
    begin
    RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    OpenKey('MyKey', true);
    WriteString('MyValue', 'Some string');
    end;
    RegObj.Free;
    [/code]
    More info on the TRegistry object can be found in the help files.
    [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-20 4:55:18[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 8:1:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 7:37:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : You can determine the IP address of the computer. by the following procedure, using API calles:
    : : : [code]
    : : : function TPhone.MyIP:String;
    : : : var
    : : : WSAData: TWSAData;
    : : : HostName: array[0..255] of Char;
    : : : HostInfo: PHostEnt;
    : : : InAddr: ^PInAddr;
    : : : begin
    : : : if WSAStartup($0101, WSAData) = 0 then //API CALL!
    : : : try
    : : : if gethostname(HostName, SizeOf(HostName)) = 0 then
    : : : HostInfo := gethostbyname(HostName);
    : : : SelfName:=HostName;
    : : : if HostInfo <> nil then //if Hostinfo points
    : : : InAddr := Pointer(HostInfo^.h_addr_list); //by the pointer
    : : : if (InAddr <> nil) then //The IP address under that
    : : : while InAddr^ <> nil do //Good for detecting all of the IP's
    : : : begin //even, if you have more network card in your computer
    : : : Result :=(inet_ntoa(InAddr^^));
    : : : Inc(InAddr);
    : : : end;
    : : : finally //Then close the WinSock
    : : : WSACleanup; //IT IS IMPORTANT
    : : : [/code]
    : : : You can read the binary buffer like:
    : : : procedure TPhone.serverAccept(Sender: TObject;
    : : : ClientSocket: TCustomIpClient);
    : : : var
    : : : GetBuf : Array[0..255] of char;
    : : : ClientSocket.ReceiveBuf(GetBuf,255);
    : : : ....
    : : : ...
    : : : ..
    : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : very descriptive title ;-)
    : : : : : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : : : : : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : : : : : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    : : : : : hope that i explained it clear enough
    : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : : : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : : : : : Softman
    : : : : : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : : : : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : : : : : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read ?.Can you tell me how to read ? from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : : : : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : : : : : 10X
    : : : : how do i use blockread ?:)
    : : : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : : How can i change to a specified key or insert a string value in to a key name ?(registers)
    : : bytheway 10x for helping me :)
    : You can use the TRegistry object for that. Here is a short code (from memory, check with help files), which creates a new key in the current user rootkey.
    : RegObj := TRegistry.Create;
    : with RegObject do
    : RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : OpenKey('MyKey', true);
    : WriteString('MyValue', 'Some string');
    : RegObj.Free;
    : More info on the TRegistry object can be found in the help files.
    :

How can i acces a shared folder or partition on a network.I'm sharing my D: and i want to have acces to it truh a nettwork application.Can i make an application in delphi to do this ?Is it possibel ?
    10x

: [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-20 4:55:18[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 8:1:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 7:37:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : You can determine the IP address of the computer. by the following procedure, using API calles:
    : : : : [code]
    : : : : function TPhone.MyIP:String;
    : : : : var
    : : : : WSAData: TWSAData;
    : : : : HostName: array[0..255] of Char;
    : : : : HostInfo: PHostEnt;
    : : : : InAddr: ^PInAddr;
    : : : : begin
    : : : : if WSAStartup($0101, WSAData) = 0 then //API CALL!
    : : : : try
    : : : : if gethostname(HostName, SizeOf(HostName)) = 0 then
    : : : : HostInfo := gethostbyname(HostName);
    : : : : SelfName:=HostName;
    : : : : if HostInfo <> nil then //if Hostinfo points
    : : : : InAddr := Pointer(HostInfo^.h_addr_list); //by the pointer
    : : : : if (InAddr <> nil) then //The IP address under that
    : : : : while InAddr^ <> nil do //Good for detecting all of the IP's
    : : : : begin //even, if you have more network card in your computer
    : : : : Result :=(inet_ntoa(InAddr^^));
    : : : : Inc(InAddr);
    : : : : end;
    : : : : finally //Then close the WinSock
    : : : : WSACleanup; //IT IS IMPORTANT
    : : : : [/code]
    : : : : You can read the binary buffer like:
    : : : : [code]
    : : : : procedure TPhone.serverAccept(Sender: TObject;
    : : : : ClientSocket: TCustomIpClient);
    : : : : var
    : : : : GetBuf : Array[0..255] of char;
    : : : : ClientSocket.ReceiveBuf(GetBuf,255);
    : : : : ....
    : : : : ...
    : : : : ..
    : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : very descriptive title ;-)
    : : : : : : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : : : : : : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : : : : : : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    : : : : : : hope that i explained it clear enough
    : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : : : : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : : : : : : Softman
    : : : : : : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : : : : : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : : : : : : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : : : : : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : : : : : : 10X
    : : : : : how do i use blockread ?:)
    : : : : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : : : How can i change to a specified key or insert a string value in to a key name ?(registers)
    : : : bytheway 10x for helping me :)
    : : You can use the TRegistry object for that. Here is a short code (from memory, check with help files), which creates a new key in the current user rootkey.
    : : RegObj := TRegistry.Create;
    : : with RegObject do
    : : RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : : OpenKey('MyKey', true);
    : : WriteString('MyValue', 'Some string');
    : : RegObj.Free;
    : : More info on the TRegistry object can be found in the help files.
    :
    :
    : How can i acces a shared folder or partition on a network.I'm sharing my D: and i want to have acces to it truh a nettwork application.Can i make an application in delphi to do this ?Is it possibel ?
    : 10x
    : Can someone please tell me if it's possibel to acces a shared folder on a network computer if it's possibel how to do it.
    10x
    :
    :

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-20 4:55:18[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 8:1:16[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-19 7:37:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : You can determine the IP address of the computer. by the following procedure, using API calles:
    : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : function TPhone.MyIP:String;
    : : : : : var
    : : : : : WSAData: TWSAData;
    : : : : : HostName: array[0..255] of Char;
    : : : : : HostInfo: PHostEnt;
    : : : : : InAddr: ^PInAddr;
    : : : : : begin
    : : : : : if WSAStartup($0101, WSAData) = 0 then //API CALL!
    : : : : : try
    : : : : : if gethostname(HostName, SizeOf(HostName)) = 0 then
    : : : : : HostInfo := gethostbyname(HostName);
    : : : : : SelfName:=HostName;
    : : : : : if HostInfo <> nil then //if Hostinfo points
    : : : : : InAddr := Pointer(HostInfo^.h_addr_list); //by the pointer
    : : : : : if (InAddr <> nil) then //The IP address under that
    : : : : : while InAddr^ <> nil do //Good for detecting all of the IP's
    : : : : : begin //even, if you have more network card in your computer
    : : : : : Result :=(inet_ntoa(InAddr^^));
    : : : : : Inc(InAddr);
    : : : : : end;
    : : : : : finally //Then close the WinSock
    : : : : : WSACleanup; //IT IS IMPORTANT
    : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : You can read the binary buffer like:
    : : : : : [code]
    : : : : : procedure TPhone.serverAccept(Sender: TObject;
    : : : : : ClientSocket: TCustomIpClient);
    : : : : : var
    : : : : : GetBuf : Array[0..255] of char;
    : : : : : ClientSocket.ReceiveBuf(GetBuf,255);
    : : : : : ....
    : : : : : ...
    : : : : : ..
    : : : : : [/code]
    : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by netgert at 2004-2-18 6:50:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : very descriptive title ;-)
    : : : : : : : when using readln you are readin the file in ascii mode but to read executables and others you need to read them in binary mode. you can do this by defining a variable of type [b]file of Byte[/b] and use read or blockread to read the file. in case of blockread you can skip the file-of-byte process and define it as just plain [b]file[/b] but then you have to use [b]reset(f, 1)[/b].
    : : : : : : : note that you cant send it in ascii mode anymore. you have to send the binary data you read from file, using sendbuf or something like that
    : : : : : : : the same applies ti receiving data (readbuf) and writing data (rewrite(f, 1); blockwrite)
    : : : : : : : hope that i explained it clear enough
    : : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 6:7:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : [b][red]This message was edited by bogdanul2003 at 2004-2-18 5:13:57[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : : : : How can I copy a file from a IdTCPClient to a IdTCPServer ?
    : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : idTCPClient and idTCPSercer is an implementation of the operatig system sockets. Basically it is not for file transfer, so if I'm right, you have to write your own protocol, and file managament system. You can use idTCPServer, and client for connecting the two computers peer to peer on the network, under tcp/ip, and use this sockets to transfer data.
    : : : : : : : : : I hope it can help some
    : : : : : : : : : Softman
    : : : : : : : : I have made a code that transmits the content of a file but i have a problem.I use textfile to read data from a file with readln(s) s:string.
    : : : : : : : : But when i read an executable file it contains some caracters wich are not read.for exemple:

: : : : : : : : From this it can read only 4 @ it dosen't read .Can you tell me how to read ? from an exxecutabel file ?
    : : : : : : : : And i have one more questen how can I find out the IP of the local computer on wich i'm running a IdTCPServer.
    : : : : : : : : 10X
    : : : : : : how do i use blockread ?:)
    : : : : : : : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    : : : : How can i change to a specified key or insert a string value in to a key name ?(registers)
    : : : : bytheway 10x for helping me :)
    : : : You can use the TRegistry object for that. Here is a short code (from memory, check with help files), which creates a new key in the current user rootkey.
    : : : RegObj := TRegistry.Create;
    : : : with RegObject do
    : : : RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER;
    : : : OpenKey('MyKey', true);
    : : : WriteString('MyValue', 'Some string');
    : : : RegObj.Free;
    : : : More info on the TRegistry object can be found in the help files.
    : : How can i acces a shared folder or partition on a network.I'm sharing my D: and i want to have acces to it truh a nettwork application.Can i make an application in delphi to do this ?Is it possibel ?
    : : 10x
    : : Can someone please tell me if it's possibel to acces a shared folder on a network computer if it's possibel how to do it.
    : 10x
    :
    :
    You could try to access it like you would access a local drive, since most shared drives are "marshalled" by the OS as "local" drives.