Advice and such for CTreeCtrl abstraction - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Advice and such for CTreeCtrl abstraction

BriballBriball Posts: 265Member
Here's my scenario. I'm displaying the contents of the windows computer's directories in a CTreeCtrl. Ok, fine easy. There are certain things that I need that cannot be stored in CTreeCtrl. I need a model that holds the data externally. Enters CDirNode.

Ok, first question. Right now CDirNode is in a linked list. This list is traversed VERY often. You think there'll be a big boost in speed if I implement a binary search tree instead (based on the values of HTREEITEM member)?

Second, the only problem I can't figure out is with CTreeCtrl's check boxes. Previously I processed the NM_CLICK notification and checked to see which boxes were checked. It would REALLY be nice to have a notification just when the user checks that damn box. Is there something like that? I checked and the docs didn't say much about notifications for change of state of item, which I know are present in other controls.

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    : Here's my scenario. I'm displaying the contents of the windows computer's directories in a CTreeCtrl. Ok, fine easy. There are certain things that I need that cannot be stored in CTreeCtrl. I need a model that holds the data externally. Enters CDirNode.
    :

But you can store data to CTreeCtrl nodes. See function CTreeCtrl::SetItemData. You could do something like this (or am I totally missing some point:) ---

[code]
    // We store this kinds of structures to tree
    struct MyStruct {
    MyStruct(CString& Name, DWORD dwOrder) {
    m_Name = Name;
    m_Order = dwOrder;
    };
    CString m_Name;
    DWORD m_Order;
    };

CTreeCtrl m_MyTree;
    HTREEITEM hItem = NULL;