Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Mixed Language Specification (ASM) for QB

ryukaiser2002ryukaiser2002 Member Posts: 33
Hey. I'm looking for a specification out there that tells basically everything I need to know about programming Assembly routines for QuickBASIC 4.5. I've been trying to find out stuff on my own, but I'm wracking my brain, tearing my hair out after countless hangups and IDE crashes. I need to know, really, how QB passes its arguments, how the Assembly program can deal with them, and how to pass arguments back. Thanks.

Comments

• PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Member Posts: 595
    : Hey. I'm looking for a specification out there that tells basically everything I need to know about programming Assembly routines for QuickBASIC 4.5. I've been trying to find out stuff on my own, but I'm wracking my brain, tearing my hair out after countless hangups and IDE crashes. I need to know, really, how QB passes its arguments, how the Assembly program can deal with them, and how to pass arguments back. Thanks.
    :

Basicly, on PCs, there is a standart that data is passed int AX(EAX).
    QBasic use PASCAL calling convention (info about that is easyer to find).

If you are using MASM/TASM you may do this without worry, I thing :/
    [code]
    .model medium basic
    MyFunction PROC Data1:WORD, Data2:WORD, Data3:WORD

MyFunction ENDP
    [/code]

but I don't remember the exact syntax.
  • poetfreakpoetfreak Member Posts: 68
    : Hey. I'm looking for a specification out there that tells basically everything I need to know about programming Assembly routines for QuickBASIC 4.5. I've been trying to find out stuff on my own, but I'm wracking my brain, tearing my hair out after countless hangups and IDE crashes. I need to know, really, how QB passes its arguments, how the Assembly program can deal with them, and how to pass arguments back. Thanks.
    :

Try this ...
    http://users.easystreet.com/jkirwan/new/qbasic+.html

and again, try the all basic code archives