Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Looping Thru C# Objects

win2333win2333 Posts: 1Member
I just want to ask if you guys could dish out some codes on how to loop objects in C#. Thanks in advance..

Comments

• ShugShug Posts: 2Member
    : I just want to ask if you guys could dish out some codes on how to loop objects in C#. Thanks in advance..
    :

C# implements:
    [code]
    [blue]foreach[/blue] [object] [blue]in[/blue] [object]
    [/code]

So, find the derived objects that belong to an object (like the controls belonging to, or the properties for the object you want to loop through), and code each case.

Eg. [code][blue]if[/blue]([object]==System.Windows.Forms.Textbox){[green]/*stuff*/[/green]}[/code]

Hope that helps your cause.

Hugh
  • BaldusariusBaldusarius Posts: 162Member
    : So, find the derived objects that belong to an object (like the controls belonging to, or the properties for the object you want to loop through), and code each case.
    :
    : Eg. [code][blue]if[/blue]([object]==System.Windows.Forms.Textbox){[green]/*stuff*/[/green]}[/code]
    :

Actually, this wouldn't even compile. The "==" operator requires a variable, not a type. You could test to see if "object" is a TextBox by using [code]if(object.GetType() == typeof(TextBox))[/code] but that wouldn't test for derivation, only equality.

To find out if an object is derived from a particular class, you'd use [code]if(object is TextBox)[/code]

Charlie

• BaldusariusBaldusarius Posts: 162Member
    : I just want to ask if you guys could dish out some codes on how to loop objects in C#. Thanks in advance..
    :

If the collection of object you're enumerating implements ICollection, you can use [blue]foreach[/blue]
    [code]foreach(Foo foo in Foos)
    {
    Manipulate(foo);
    }[/code]

If the collection features an indexer, you can use it to traverse the collection
    [code]for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
    {
    Manipulate(Foos[i]);
    }[/code]

Charlie