mfc and directshow - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

mfc and directshow

teknoboy_316teknoboy_316 Posts: 2Member
I'm not sure which forum is the correct one to post this in. There doesn't seem to be any forums relating directly to directx, or specifially directshow.

I'm trying to build a new user interface on top of the DVD sample app that came in the directx sdk samples. My problem is that for some reason I cannot declare a CBitmapButton.

The error is clear, I haven't added the proper library (afxext), but when I add the include for that library it gives me a windows.h is already included error.

fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include

It seems the directshow library includes windows.h as well so when it gets to the ifndef windows line in one of the libraries it gives that neato error. Here is the offending snippet of code:

// afxv_w32.h - target version/configuration control for Win32

#ifdef _WINDOWS_
#error WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include
#endif

Am I just forgetting something simple or doing something stupid here? Any help is appreciated!