Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Configuring Networks

LawreneLawrene Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi

Is it possible to set up a small network as below and allow Computer 2 to access the Internet, when Computer 1 has made the connection through the Service Provider. If so, how do I set up Computer 2 and Internet Explorer.

Computer 2 has one network card which connects to a Bridge. Computer 1 has two network cards. One connects to the Bridge and the other to the DSL Modem. This card is shared and firewalled.

The connection between Computer 1 and 2 works because I can share drives. I used the Network Wizard to create a floppy disk for Computer 2. Although it installs okay after asking me how Computer 2 will connect to the Internet, I still cannot access it from IE.

I can e-mail a diagram if this would help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Lawrence

Comments

• Darrell MooreDarrell Moore Member Posts: 10
    : Hi
    :
    : Is it possible to set up a small network as below and allow Computer 2 to access the Internet, when Computer 1 has made the connection through the Service Provider. If so, how do I set up Computer 2 and Internet Explorer.
    :
    : Computer 2 has one network card which connects to a Bridge. Computer 1 has two network cards. One connects to the Bridge and the other to the DSL Modem. This card is shared and firewalled.
    :
    : The connection between Computer 1 and 2 works because I can share drives. I used the Network Wizard to create a floppy disk for Computer 2. Although it installs okay after asking me how Computer 2 will connect to the Internet, I still cannot access it from IE.
    :
    : I can e-mail a diagram if this would help.
    :
    : Any help would be much appreciated.
    :
    : Regards
    :
    : Lawrence
    :
    :Reply I have just finished setting up my network and in the process of sharing an ISP on it. I will work through your problem and post it when I have the answer. You also can post on my message board,at http://www.programmersheaven.com/groups/WindowsXP : :Singed:Darrell