Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I want to know what tools are used in animated movies.....

ahashim50ahashim50 Member Posts: 1
I m doing BS in computer science. I have great interest in graphics designing of some animated movies like Toy Story, Dinausors etc and also in scientific movies like Matrix etc. can anybody tell me what further studies i have to do. actually i m from pakistan so do i have to go abroad if yes than where. also tell me what tools are used in these movies. Thanx urssssssssss

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I m doing BS in computer science. I have great interest in graphics designing of some animated movies like Toy Story, Dinausors etc and also in scientific movies like Matrix etc. can anybody tell me what further studies i have to do. actually i m from pakistan so do i have to go abroad if yes than where. also tell me what tools are used in these movies. Thanx urssssssssss
    :
    :
    There are different tools used for each. For the animated movies (Toy Story, Ice Age, etc) they use Maya. I'm not sure what they use for the effects in the Matrix series, but it's probably some editing software like what I use in my AMVs. I use WinProducer, which has all kinds of effects, and I bet they use something like it, only on a larger scale with more options and effects. Oh, and don't double-post :).

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• chick80chick80 Member Posts: 349
    : There are different tools used for each. For the animated movies (Toy Story, Ice Age, etc) they use Maya. I'm not sure what they use for the effects in the Matrix series, but it's probably some editing software like what I use in my AMVs. I use WinProducer, which has all kinds of effects, and I bet they use something like it, only on a larger scale with more options and effects. Oh, and don't double-post :).
    :

Another great program they use is Softimage|XSI from Avid.
    For the post-production Shake, Flame, Inferno and other software are used (visit www.highend3d.com and www.highend2d.com to have better info).

Btw, the great 3D effects producers, like Pixar, Dreamworks etc. etc. use many softwares, including propietary softwares written just for that film: for example in Shrek they built a software for the fluid dynamic or in The Curse of the Black Pearl they built a software for the cloth animation.

nICO

[hr]
    [italic]How beautiful, if Sorrow had not made sorrow more beautiful than Beauty itself.[/italic]
    JOHN KEATS