Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ordinal 5077 error message

ParloParlo Posts: 2Member
I'm getting this error message when I attempt to build my application in visual c++. any ideas. I'm new

Kofi

Comments

• suhredayansuhredayan Posts: 69Member
    [blue]
    This often comes when you use old version of dll.
    What is the full error message.
    [/blue]

• ParloParlo Posts: 2Member
    : [blue]
    : This often comes when you use old version of dll.
    : What is the full error message.
    : [/blue]
    : __________________________________________
    : [red]greatest thing is to do wot others think you can't..
    : suhredayan@omniquad.com[/red]
    :
    :
    Thank you so much for responding. The error message I get is " The ordinal 5077 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.DLL". Actually I'm a novice programmer, just started using Visual c++ 6. I installed the MSDN 2000 libraries. I guess that might be the reason. you can email me: gsadzokpa@ualr.edu. thanks
    Kofi
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : : [blue]
    : : This often comes when you use old version of dll.
    : : What is the full error message.
    : : [/blue]
    : : __________________________________________
    : : [red]greatest thing is to do wot others think you can't..
    : : suhredayan@omniquad.com[/red]
    : :
    : Thank you so much for responding. The error message I get is " The ordinal 5077 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.DLL". Actually I'm a novice programmer, just started using Visual c++ 6. I installed the MSDN 2000 libraries. I guess that might be the reason. you can email me: gsadzokpa@ualr.edu. thanks
    : Kofi
    :

did you also install VC++ 6.0 SP 5? If not, download it free from microsoft.com

• suhredayansuhredayan Posts: 69Member
    : : : [blue]
    : : : This often comes when you use old version of dll.
    : : : What is the full error message.
    : : : [/blue]
    : : : __________________________________________
    : : : [red]greatest thing is to do wot others think you can't..
    : : : suhredayan@omniquad.com[/red]
    : : :
    : : :
    : : Thank you so much for responding. The error message I get is " The ordinal 5077 could not be located in the dynamic link library MFC42D.DLL". Actually I'm a novice programmer, just started using Visual c++ 6. I installed the MSDN 2000 libraries. I guess that might be the reason. you can email me: gsadzokpa@ualr.edu. thanks
    : : Kofi
    :
    : did you also install VC++ 6.0 SP 5? If not, download it free from microsoft.com
    :
    :

[blue]
    Ordinal 5077 could not be located means that the DLL that you use was
    linked to use a version of MFC42D.DLL that was exporting a function with the ordinal 5077 while the your current version does not (therefore yours must be an older DLL).
    you may have to download the latest mfc42d.dll from microsoft.
    [/blue]