Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Got a problem!

Well! i want to design a form which will be something like this:

Name: _________
email: ___________
Detail:____________
upload: ____________

Actually, what i want is to design a form which will allow visitors to upload a file ... And the whole detail will be stored in a database.

Is it possible? and if yes then HOW????

Kindly give it a try...! coz i need this

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : Well! i want to design a form which will be something like this:
    :
    : Name: _________
    : email: ___________
    : Detail:____________
    : upload: ____________
    :
    : Actually, what i want is to design a form which will allow visitors to upload a file ... And the whole detail will be stored in a database.
    :
    : Is it possible? and if yes then HOW????
    :
    : Kindly give it a try...! coz i need this

First you should find a tutorial on HTML forms. This is an extremely trivial form and any tutorial should cover everything you need. I don't remember the details and it's not worth my time at the moment to look it up.

Once you have the form, you need to create a cgi program to handle the form submission. How you do that depends on your webserver and the language you wish to write in.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : : Well! i want to design a form which will be something like this:
    : :
    : : Name: _________
    : : email: ___________
    : : Detail:____________
    : : upload: ____________
    : : Actually, what i want is to design a form which will allow visitors to upload a file ... And the whole detail will be stored in a database.
    : : Is it possible? and if yes then HOW????
    : : Kindly give it a try...! coz i need this
    :
    : First you should find a tutorial on HTML forms. This is an extremely trivial form and any tutorial should cover everything you need. I don't remember the details and it's not worth my time at the moment to look it up.
    :
    : Once you have the form, you need to create a cgi program to handle the form submission. How you do that depends on your webserver and the language you wish to write in.
    :
    :
    There are plenty of ready-made scripts out there too, like Soupermail.
    http://soupermail.sourceforge.net/

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");