Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

what is the best game used with DirectX?

uniquevietmanuniquevietman Member Posts: 1
what is the best game used with DirectX?

Comments

• vietnoromeovietnoromeo Member Posts: 1
    i would have to say Max Payne
  • holycobraholycobra Member Posts: 1
    basic you are asking what is the best pc game to come out after 1995, so i would say windoom, oh yea windoom directx1
  • SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : what is the best game used with DirectX?
    :
    Both of you guys are wrong. Max Payne used the Unreal Engine, which was optimized for Glide and GL at that time. The DirectX renderer worked as a reliable backup, but lacked a LOT of features that the other two had.

As for WinDoom, get real! Come on man, check out Legacy. It's a true Doom Engine replacement. It plays almost all Doom Engine games, including every Doom and Doom II game, Heretic, and Hexen. It does this in OpenGL with mipmap-dithering, real-time dynamic lighting, fog, split-screen play, LAN/net play, the ability to use dehacked files without modifying the exe, and so much more it'd take me two pages to finish. Basically, if it was ever in a game, it is in Legacy. It runs in GL, MiniGL, Glide, or software in resolutions up to 1600x1200x32.

The most advanced DirectX game that I have seen, and I think everybody will agree if they've played it, is Morrowind. I am an old-school Elder Scrolls fan and own all the ES series, and thus dislike Morrowind HEAVILY because nothing ever changes (the first four ES games had 100% randomness, so you'd never do the same thing twice), but it is the most advanced DX app around. EAX/4.1/5.1/6.1/7.1 support, and if your card supported pixel-shading, some things (including the water) looked so real it was insane. Check it out if you don't know what I am talking about.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]